Menu

Toothbrushes and large families

momto10blessings

We just have one that we all share. Super easy to store!

Kidding!!

My kids just throw them in an empty drawer. DH and I keep ours in a little cup that is attached to the wall. I'm no help.

That's cute and clever!

I bought two of these a year ago and stuck them on the wall next to the sink, where they have been doing a perfectly fantastic job. I put the lower one so that the bottom of the toothbrushes can rest on the sink counter because some of the kids' brushes can be kind of heavy. (DH and I have a battery toothbrush, so our holders just hold the small head brushes, which aren't heavy.). Actually, I bought a third one and use it on the wall next to our charging station, to keep charging cords off of the floor; it works well for that too.

http://www.amazon.com/HANG-AWAY--flex-grip-Toothbrush-B00COYGX88/dp/B003YIEE52/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1423584117&sr=8-16&keywords=Toothbrush+holder

We just always kept them in a pretty bathroom cup, right on the sink.  We have two bathrooms, one upstairs and one downstairs, so everyone had two toothbrushes, one in each bathroom.  (It was kind of a free-for-all most of the time;  you just had to grab whichever bathroom was empty.)  Our biggest problem was remembering whose was which.  We finally settled on electrical tape.  Everyone had their own color tape, and I'd wrap a strip around the handle of each toothbrush. 

I hate open air toothbrush storage (airborne bacteria), plus some of us have electric toothbrushes. We use silverware trays (you can make your own drawer dividers to accommodate 10--use color coding in the bottom to keep them straight, or you can use LVS pipe or mason jelly jars inside of a cabinet or in a room other than the one with the toilet.

We just have one that we all share. Super easy to store!

Kidding!!

My kids just throw them in an empty drawer. DH and I keep ours in a little cup that is attached to the wall. I'm no help.

My kids used to throw them in an empty drawer but somehow that resulted in a disgusting drawer covered in toothpaste that I have to somehow clean. I don't know if they don't rinse their toothbrushes or what?

We have more than a holder and the kids keep tipping over the cup (and it's all gross and spitty inside). I use something like a long porcelain relish tray. Something like this. Long enough to fit along the back of the counter by the wall but thin enough to not take up much counter space. Lipped so when they throw (yes throw) them they'll mostly stay in. Easy to wash in the dishwasher. 

That's cute and clever!

I bought two of these a year ago and stuck them on the wall next to the sink, where they have been doing a perfectly fantastic job. I put the lower one so that the bottom of the toothbrushes can rest on the sink counter because some of the kids' brushes can be kind of heavy. (DH and I have a battery toothbrush, so our holders just hold the small head brushes, which aren't heavy.). Actually, I bought a third one and use it on the wall next to our charging station, to keep charging cords off of the floor; it works well for that too.

http://www.amazon.com/HANG-AWAY--flex-grip-Toothbrush-B00COYGX88/dp/B003YIEE52/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1423584117&sr=8-16&keywords=Toothbrush+holder

I knew y'all would be full of ideas! Does it hold smaller baby toothbrushes ok?

Well, I have one dd who seems to use a new toothbrush everyday. I think she has something quirky going on. We have a wall-mounted holder and one that sits on the vanity, but it doesn't make a difference. She just throws them around. Only three kids use that bathroom but there are a mountain of toothbrushes in there. If it's not dd continually getting new toothbrushes, then they must be breeding.

That's cute and clever!

I can think of about 10 places in my home that could use these. Thanks!!

I use these cable drops: http://www.poppin.com/Organization/Cable-Organizers_2/Assorted-Cable-Drops.html?gdftrk=gdfV26053_a_7c2564_a_7c10874_a_7c705105338002&kpid=705105338002&gclid=CNLuqdCd2MMCFXRo7Aod5QwAHA

I attached these to the inside of the medicine cabinet and the toothbrushes fit perfectly in. It's been that way for a year now and they are still firmly stuck on. I just pop the toothbrush in and out no problem. You can also label just above the toothbrush if your kids might confuse their toothbrushes with another's. I kinda color code my kids (yes I'm a freak) so that hasn't been a problem for us :)

Well, I have one dd who seems to use a new toothbrush everyday. I think she has something quirky going on. We have a wall-mounted holder and one that sits on the vanity, but it doesn't make a difference. She just throws them around. Only three kids use that bathroom but there are a mountain of toothbrushes in there. If it's not dd continually getting new toothbrushes, then they must be breeding.

I've hidden our extra toothbrushes in a box in the back of my closet just for this reason. Don't tell my kids.

We have two similar to this http://www.amazon.com/Automatic-Toothpaste-Dispenser-Tooth-Holder/dp/B007JD6M7G/ref=lp_13749821_1_3/182-4881057-1579023?s=bedbath&ie=UTF8&qid=1423602253&sr=1-3

If you read the reviews they will tell you the adhesive isn't permanent. We just screwed ours into the wall and haven't had a bit of trouble!

I bought cheap kitchen utensil trays from the dollar store for the bathroom drawers. (Two of them.) and each section (five per tray) is just the right size for a toothpaste (for those who use it) and brush and a small thing of string floss. I keep floss sticks in a big jar on the counter. I got the idea off Pinterest.

I can think of about 10 places in my home that could use these. Thanks!!

I know, right? I wish they were a Prime item, because they are indeed very useful, especially for the money.

And LOL to the poster who said toothbrushes must be breeding. I think they're related to LEGO; I am SURE those breed when we aren't looking!

I like the idea of toiletry bags or boxes too. That could solve a lot of problems. Our bathroom is tiny and cramped , with very little counter space, so it gets crowded easily. Toiletry containers would make that easier.

That's cute and clever!

This is what we use as well. I attached them to the mirror with "bathroom" 3M Command strips.

I just purchased a medium-sized plant pot from the gardening section of the store in a complementary color.  Once in awhile we have to have everyone put their current toothbrush in a pint jar so that we can clear out old ones (why can't they just throw them away when they get a new one??).