Menu

Sheep Daddy did it again...

Ewe Mama

He took the kids out for lunch and came home with a puppy.

This is the third time he has done this in the past three years.

We now have four dogs. And five children.

She is an eight month old papillon (black and white) and is sweet as can be. I can't be mad at him for this one.

Our lab hadn't yet warmed up to her, but she will.

The morkie adores her already.

The chihuahua is jealous. But she is jealous of any person or animal getting more attention than she is at that moment.

It's going to be a very fun Christmas.

I will try to post a picture tomorrow. We may need help with a name.

For a while there I was scared to let my dh take the kids out on his own.

I have come home to a 5 week old puppy (the people giving her away promised dh she was 8 weeks old)

ducks swimming in my bathtub

a pair of doves

pheasants

a baby turkey

chickens

and several kittens

oh, and the ROBO DWARF hamster---that dh didn't realize was FAST and TINY-----and spent 2 weeks AWOL building a nest in my bedroom closet

I still don't really trust him even though my kids are all older now.

I wish I had a spouse that would let me have all the pets my heart desired. You're a good woman. And yes, pictures are compulsory because cuteness should not be kept to one's self. I can't wait to see her!

I agree! DH is under the impression that one dog and one reptile is plenty of pets. It is not.

A pic would be fun. I know a Papillon who is a sweet, gentle creature. You could call her Butterfly which is what her name means in French :D

Trying to figure out what a morkie is. Maltese and Yorkie?

Love the description of each of the dogs' reactions.

Yep, a morkie is a maltese/yorkie mix. They are very sweet, too.

For a while there I was scared to let my dh take the kids out on his own.

I have come home to a 5 week old puppy (the people giving her away promised dh she was 8 weeks old)

ducks swimming in my bathtub

a pair of doves

pheasants

a baby turkey

chickens

and several kittens

oh, and the ROBO DWARF hamster---that dh didn't realize was FAST and TINY-----and spent 2 weeks AWOL building a nest in my bedroom closet

I still don't really trust him even though my kids are all older now.

I'm the one who ordered the chicks, ducklings, and hatching eggs, so I can't yell at him for those additions, but just about everything else is on him.

I think it would be wise to not introduce my dh to your dh as they might try to out-do each other. Heaven help us then! You have my sympathy and empathy!

I agree! DH is under the impression that one dog and one reptile is plenty of pets. It is not.

I think Ram Man's rationale is that the three small dogs have a combined weight of under 20 lbs and a real dog has to weight at least 25 lbs. In his mind we have one dog (the lab) and a few large, barking rodents running around.

So we need some name ideas.

The children and I liked the name Trixie, but Sheep Daddy thought it sounded like a stripper. Sigh.

We have tried and discarded

Sadie

Chummy

Wendy

Milly

Merry

Charles V. (Alvin's contribution)

Lucy

Sally

Holly

Jolly

We are currently trying out LuLu and like it, but aren't set on it yet.

Any suggestions?

So we need some name ideas.

The children and I liked the name Trixie, but Sheep Daddy thought it sounded like a stripper. Sigh.

We have tried and discarded

Sadie

Chummy

Wendy

Milly

Merry

Charles V. (Alvin's contribution)

Lucy

Sally

Holly

Jolly

We are currently trying out LuLu and like it, but aren't set on it yet.

Any suggestions?

How about Roxie? It sounds a bit like Trixe but less "dancer employed at a gentlemen's club."

Thanks for all the name ideas. Trixie would definitely been my preference, but she seems to have become Lulu over the past 24 hours and it does suit her.

She has already proven herself to be much more intelligent than our beloved morkie. She has only had one accident in the house. Henry (the morkie) just came in from the yard and promptly peed on my laundry pile. Again.

Lulu woke me up with puppy kisses this morning. :D