Menu

If I like the Sudoku phone app, I would like __________

ThisIsTheDay

I am looking for games to add to my android.  I really like Sudoku; I want something different, but free, similarly quick, challenging and winnable.  I tried 2084, and while I like it, it's too hard to win, and it's not as quick.

No Bejeweled Blitz, Candy Crush or other popular FB games where you progress through levels, they are too addicting for me.

Suggestions?

2048.  Excellent numbers game where you combine tiles to build the powers of 2 trying to get to the magical 2048 tile. 

I was going to suggest this too but I think it's what she was referring to when she said she tried 2084 and didn't like it.

Tetris? 

This collection, called Simon Tatham's Portable Puzzle Collection, has a ton of fun little games that are easy to learn and quick to play (like Suduku), while still giving a challenge. Most are adjustable so you can start with a simple version and adjust it to a harder version, if you want more of a challenge, by changing grid size or whatever if you want (or not). 

Of the games in the collection, I like Filling, Unequal (this is closest to Soduku), Untangle (very soothing), and Unruly.  I haven't tried most of the rest.  

Part of what I like about this collection is that I don't have to go seeking a new puzzle app every time I'm bored with the old one.  They're all together in one collection, one app.  I can try something new, make an old one harder, or go for something tried-and-true.  No levels, no ads, no unlocking anything, no buying any add-ons.  Just good puzzles.

Thank you for so many great ideas!  And yes, I meant 2048, not 2084 (maybe that's why I'm not so great at it, lol).

I have been playing Ruzzle, thanks to the suggestion above, and so far, I like it a lot. It's just what I'm looking for, short and quick, challenging but doesn't make me feel stupid. I may add mahjongg in there too, and I will come back and look at more of these in a few weeks.  THANK YOU!!!!

I love Mahjong, but it's easier to play on the iPad than the iPhone, because the tiles are tiny.  Still, I love it.  I also really, really like 4 pics, 1 word, but you do have to progress through levels.  Some are ridiculously easy, but some are really, really hard.  You get 4 pictures that all refer to the same word, though the pics are sometimes radically different.  And there's always Minesweeper!  I'm a Minesweeper pro!