Menu

Free YA audiobooks for summer--this week "Time Machine" plus an Eoin Colfer

Someone posted months ago about SYNC's free summer audiobook downloads: two books, one classic, and a paired contemporary book, each week (thank you!). I put the dates on my calendar so I'd remember :D

Beginning today and running through next Wednesday, you can download The Time Machine (HG Wells) and WARP: The Reluctant Assassin (Eoin Colfer) http://www.audiobooksync.com/free-sync-downloads/

I just have to set up Overdrive on the Mac (so that I can add the books to dd's iTunes easily) and then I'll be downloading!

Emily - I didn't have any trouble with downloads, but mine go to my computer. I'd suggest trying again and then emailing the support desk if it still doesn't work.

I signed up for the email alerts so I wouldn't forget this year - some weeks went by when I'd forget about them.

I am not able to download The Time Machine. In Overdrive, I keep getting a message to the effect "The book will start downloading when the current book has finished downloading." Except, there is no other book currently downloading. The other book (Eoin Colfer's one) has downloaded and I was able to listen to the beginning of it.

Did anyone else encounter this issue?

Aargh!! I have OverDrive on my iphone and iPad; however, when I try to download it to my MacBook from the App Store, I get "Your search had no results. Try searching again."

Any suggestions?

I didn't go through the App Store for the Mac. I just clicked on the download overdrive button on the SYNC page, chose Mac, and downloaded it. Easy peasy :)

I am not able to download The Time Machine. In Overdrive, I keep getting a message to the effect "The book will start downloading when the current book has finished downloading." Except, there is no other book currently downloading. The other book (Eoin Colfer's one) has downloaded and I was able to listen to the beginning of it.

Did anyone else encounter this issue?

In cases like this, I always restart everything (including the computer) and try again. Let us know if you get it to work!

I noticed that the playtime for The Time Machine was only 4 hours.  That doesn't seem right.  Is it?  I've never read The Time Machine, but the H.G. Wells that I have read have been hefty.  By the way, am I the only one that will forever think of H.G. as a woman because of Warehouse 13?  

I noticed that the playtime for The Time Machine was only 4 hours. That doesn't seem right. Is it? I've never read The Time Machine, but the H.G. Wells that I have read have been hefty. By the way, am I the only one that will forever think of H.G. as a woman because of Warehouse 13?

Me too! I love Warehouse 13.

AL