Menu

Taxes (USA) thread. What is your refund/pay status?

Joanne

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's my refund status changed overnight to "approved" with a direct deposit date of February 11.

Plans: March rent, pay credit impacting old debt, add excursion to upcoming education educational cruise vacation and possibly buy You Need A Budget and begin building a buffer.

Oh, and apply for Ph D options.

Finally got that W-2 yesterday, and while I'm probably not going to turn them in - it still hadn't been mailed...I had to go pick it up in person - I probably will not return to their employment because they never paid me for 9 hrs. on Dec.7th. They admit that I worked - both owners were with me because we were prepping for a quilt show and classes the following week plus cutting some intricate kits - but they "lost" my time card and are hedging about it. I think I'm done. I've tried and tried to help them with their business, but I don't think they want to organize themselves and run it properly and just hope everyone who works for them will just keep going along with it and dealing with the crazy.

Anyway, Dh put it in right away. It's approved already and looks like a Feb. 28 deposit date.

Plans, buy a new microscope, get some clothes for our trip to Iceland, put a down payment on a car. It's time to stop limping my 18 year old Taurus along. It's been a good car to go this long without big maintenance costs, but it is showing signs that something major is ahead, and it's not worth investing in anymore. So, I'm excited to be going car shopping at the end of the month!

I am totally annoyed this morning. Wheres my refund has said our refund would be deposited today. I woke up and checked and we do not have it. So, I logged in to wheres my refund and now it says "take action" and that my expected return date may have changed. So, I call the number it says and reference the number it says and the rep has no clue or no information and just said you only had it accepted Jan 30th. You need to allow 3 weeks processing. My response, then why has it told us all this time our refund was to be deposited today. Ugh, how annoying and then for them to give no other information is ridiculous.

I am totally annoyed this morning. Wheres my refund has said our refund would be deposited today. I woke up and checked and we do not have it. So, I logged in to wheres my refund and now it says "take action" and that my expected return date may have changed. So, I call the number it says and reference the number it says and the rep has no clue or no information and just said you only had it accepted Jan 30th. You need to allow 3 weeks processing. My response, then why has it told us all this time our refund was to be deposited today. Ugh, how annoying and then for them to give no other information is ridiculous.

By any odd chance, do you owe anyone money (usually a judgment against you)?  The only time that my date changed on me was when we owed money.  They sent it the company we owed, and then we eventually got our portion after an extra week or so.

By any odd chance, do you owe anyone money (usually a judgment against you)?  The only time that my date changed on me was when we owed money.  They sent it the company we owed, and then we eventually got our portion after an extra week or so.

No, we don't. I got through to someone and they said it looks like ours got selected for random review. I figure it is because our refund is over $11,000. I thought that might be a lot, but who knows. Either way I think it is terrible to have quoted a refund of today all this time and then today change it to some vague response. Ugh!

We are getting refunds. I e-filed ours on January 27th through HRBlock online. It was accepted on Feb 1st and its says on the IRS website we should get our direct deposit posted on the 10th. Our state refund actually posted today. This is the first time I've actually finished ours so early. I usually drag it out to the last minute, lol.

Update!

Quoting myself so you do not have to go back and find my post. Anyway, my fed return tentatively posted *early* to my bank today!!! Wahoo!

We are using ours to pay the entire car insurance premium (lines up nicely, its due next week), replacing DS's expiring car seats, putting aside $$ for DH's green card renewal ($500!!! ugh) and the rest goes into savings. I am thrilled and relieved. Those are all expenses I have been dreading and our savings was depleted when we bought this house a little over a year ago.

I filed the 31st, accepted on the 2nd and its still being processed. Its going to pay rent and was supposed to carry us though the year on the little bit were in the red every month with me not working, maybe pay for us to move to better to a better place but with the dx's I got on dd13 yesterday it looks like it might be going on treatment instead.

We had issues with Turbotax last year when they changed the 1099 format for capital gains/losses. I was totally frustrated and had no idea how to fix it and the software just kept bumping me around and the customer service was terrible and told me to call our investment company. Some one on here raved about Taxact and I looked in to it and filed with them then. Had no issue and everything easily went in correctly the first time by using their prompts for the investments.

Taxact walks you through everything I feel much easier, but also in a more simplified manner. It goes back over everything and double checks at each section and actually gave me a red flag for something and helped me fix my error. It does input info year to year and this year they sent me a notice in the fall to lock in my price then. So, I paid 13.95 for state and federal including inputting info in to both. I know Turbotax is more for the level Taxact is naturally without upgrading. Last year, I contacted customer service and there was no wait time and they were kind and helpful.

Look in to it. I feel they are definitely superior for the price.

We just filed with Taxact for about the 5th or 6th year in a row--love it! I usually use the free download option so I don't have to be online all the time (we don't have a great connection out here). This year I paid for the $14.95 option so I could do the State return too--usually I just do it by hand.

I only used TurboTax one year, but I much prefer Taxact. Just seems simpler and more straightforward to me.

Dh did ours last week.  It says the money will be in our checking account on the 10th!  Woohoo!  We are going to use it to pay state and city taxes and to replenish our savings account.  We might need some of it to pay off the cc this month - we have car insurance on both cars, home insurance, and a $1600 payment for my kids to row for the spring.  

I filed my in-laws' taxes on the 26th and then filed ours on the 29th. Our refund is expected on the 10th, while theirs is still not approved. I think I am not going to tell them when we get ours. My mil calls me very day to find out when they are getting their refund. I wish I could just ask the IRS to hurry it up for them.