Menu

Sam's Cheesecake meal plan

Ann.without.an.e

It is only $9.95 for a cheesecake factory style frozen cheesecake (Member's Mark brand).  It has 12 decent sized slices and tastes awesome.  I think at 83 cents per 540 calorie slice, this is a really good financial investment.  What do you think?   I think I could eat one piece per meal and spend less than $2.50 per day on meals.  Do you think the kids would notice?  lol

IIRC, Charleigh, you are in your first trimester and struggling with nausea. If this appeals to you you should go for it :D

Yes, I got sick of cheese pizza and the cheesecake struck my fancy.  It is difficult to eat it with four kids watching you.  I tried to sneak it into the freezer when I got home from the store...no such luck.  Then my dd woke up this morning saying "did you have cheesecake for breakfast?  If so, I want cheesecake for breakfast."  haha......she figured me out.

Yeah, I bought an actual Cheesecake Factory cheesecake (12 slice) for something like 11.99 yesterday at Costco.  It has too much sugar for me but I got it for dd and in case we have guests.  But, for you, go for it :)

Seriously though, I also bought stuff to make my own lower-sugar cheesecake.  I actually lose weight when I eat it - not kidding.  (lurkers, this is a LCHF thing; keeps me from eating chocolate chips as my dessert)

Yeah, I bought an actual Cheesecake Factory cheesecake (12 slice) for something like 11.99 yesterday at Costco.  It has too much sugar for me but I got it for dd and in case we have guests.  But, for you, go for it :)

Seriously though, I also bought stuff to make my own lower-sugar cheesecake.  I actually lose weight when I eat it - not kidding.  (lurkers, this is a LCHF thing; keeps me from eating chocolate chips as my dessert)

I believe you.

My biggest problem is that all I seem to have an aversion to everything but plain cheesecake, plain cheese pizza, or Italian.  I don't normally love Italian, but I have been craving Italian.  We are a GLUTEN FREE household - ugh.  I dreamed about fresh made raviolis last night.  I don't even eat raviolis!  So weird, huh?

I should make your low carb cheesecake and just live on it for the next few months.

I think that meal plan might pair quite nicely with the 30-Day Napping Challenge.  :laugh:

That sounds way better than the 30 day plank challenge I have started 3 times now.

Recipe? We have been trying out LCHF recipes this month with the idea of finding a good base of recipes to ease the transition after the new year. Last night I made a ground beef and veggie skillet with eggplant and zucchini and tomato. I think that counts, right? I didn't put any pasta in it or serve bread on the side, which is a big change for dh especially. He was a good sport about it though. Ds10 was too. Babyman not so much. We finally gave in and got him a piece of bread. :001_rolleyes:

OP, I think I could get behind the cheesecake diet!

You could try the new Barilla GF pasta and tell us how it is.

as for the cheesecake, I just took a recipe I like and cut the sugar way down (like from one cup down to a fourth, or a third; or if dd wants to eat it too and catches me, maybe a half). oh, and I make it with no crust. It's purely a utilitarian food LOL

eta, you can make a crust with almonds or make a normal crust amd just scrape it off, lol

Low carb cheesecake......not the one who originally mentioned it, but this is amazing

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/desserts/r/lcarbcheesecake.htm

And here's the secret - this recipe calls for 1+1/3 cups artificial sweetener (like Splenda).  I can't really afford that stuff.  Instead - use one LARGE box of sugar-free Jello.  Lemon is amazing for cheesecake, but the raspberry is good too.  Just add the powdered jello instead of all the sugar-substitute.  Very Good!  And the crust is fine with no sweetening at all - I just ran almonds thru the food processor and mixed with butter to hold it together.  Easy-Peasy.

I ate a lot of cheesecake for breakfast when I was pregnant. It went so well with that morning cup of coffee (once my taste for coffee returned, that is. We had to part ways for the duration of my first trimester). I still love cheesecake (making one tonight!), so sorry, I can't promise you'll get sick of it if you follow the plan. Lol.

I've been on the nap-a-day plan since youngest was born. Highly reccomend. :)

You could try the new Barilla GF pasta and tell us how it is.

as for the cheesecake, I just took a recipe I like and cut the sugar way down (like from one cup down to a fourth, or a third; or if dd wants to eat it too and catches me, maybe a half). oh, and I make it with no crust. It's purely a utilitarian food LOL

eta, you can make a crust with almonds or make a normal crust amd just scrape it off, lol

I will need to make some of your cheesecake.  Sounds much better for me :)

Low carb cheesecake......not the one who originally mentioned it, but this is amazing

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/desserts/r/lcarbcheesecake.htm

And here's the secret - this recipe calls for 1+1/3 cups artificial sweetener (like Splenda).  I can't really afford that stuff.  Instead - use one LARGE box of sugar-free Jello.  Lemon is amazing for cheesecake, but the raspberry is good too.  Just add the powdered jello instead of all the sugar-substitute.  Very Good!  And the crust is fine with no sweetening at all - I just ran almonds thru the food processor and mixed with butter to hold it together.  Easy-Peasy.

Sounds awesome :)  

I ate a lot of cheesecake for breakfast when I was pregnant. It went so well with that morning cup of coffee (once my taste for coffee returned, that is. We had to part ways for the duration of my first trimester). I still love cheesecake (making one tonight!), so sorry, I can't promise you'll get sick of it if you follow the plan. Lol.

I've been on the nap-a-day plan since youngest was born. Highly reccomend. :)

I am not stomaching coffee either, but my cheesecake for breakfast paired nicely with some hot tea ;)

Oh well, I didn't think anyone could get sick of cheesecake.  Thanks for the heads up on that.

The great thing is if I actual did eat a slice for each meal then eventually I would not be able to stand the thought of it, right? Or does that trend not apply to cheesecake since it is nearly the perfect food?

I ate enough chicken tacos morning noon and night when I was pregnant with my oldest that I really should never want to see a taco again yet I totally still eat them. My husband and friends would want to go get pizza or Indian food or Thai food or Ethiopian (my usual favorite) and I would use my pregnancy veto to drag them to the nearest Taco Del Mar. :p