Menu

What is your favorite lip gloss/lip stick?

Burt's Bees, the kind with just a hint of color mixed in. I like it because it's primarily a lip balm. It just has a hint of transparent color that looks like just lips. It doesn't look like I have lip gloss or lipstick on. It just looks like I have naturally pretty lips! :) Also, it's a really good lip balm. It smells good, and feels good. I hate the stuff that feels like lard, or has that yucky lipstick smell. And, I hate having to apply lip balm over and over again, all day long. I live in a very dry climate, so I need a lip balm that actually works! Burt's is good. It meets all my criteria, anyway.

I have long abhorred lipstick-y things that are fragrant. I'm sorry, but WTF?! Do my lips need to smell vaguely of perfume? Trouble is, I can taste that stuff, and it makes me ill. So, Burt's Bees works well for me and has been my choice for the past several years. Clinique products are okay, but I only ever use them when they come to me free from someone who's made a significant purchase. I tend to eat off my lip covering anyway (without trying), so I don't waste a lot of energy on what it is, as long as I can't taste it. :glare:

I think that is what they call it. It is called 24/7 and the packaging looks like chapstick. It feels like chapstick but it has color. It has sunscreen in it and it moisturizes better than regular lipstick. The color names are weird. They are named after the days of of week, getting darker everyday after Monday (or maybe Sunday). Monday is like a "nude" color and Saturday is more like wine.

First of all, I am a lip gloss junkie. Now that we have that out of the way...here are a couple of cheap ones that I really like.

Botanics lip gloss by Boots brand--sells at Target. Try the "loganberry" color--seems like it would work on almost anyone. Love it.

I also like Rimmel "Vinyl lip" gloss. You can buy Rimmel brand at almost any drugstore or Wal-Mart. Very cheap, but works great IMO.

I love lip color, but can't stand the gunk feel on my lips and if I can feel it on me, I mess with my lips until it's rubbed off and then, what's the use? Then I was given some lips sticks from Clinique and they felt soft and natural, so that's what I've been using for a few years now.

But, I really must check out the Burts Bees stuff, because I just thought that was plain lip balm and ignored it! Looks like I am missing out on something!

Will I get kicked off the board if I admit that I use Victoria's Secret lip gloss? The shade I use is a nude sort of color. So, it looks very natural; it just gives my lips a hint of color and some shine. I don't usually wear any other makeup, just some daily moisturizer and lip gloss for special occasions. My dh, who thinks I look much better without makeup, loves it on me so much that he bought me another one and put it in my Christmas stocking.

I love these.

They have a little sunscreen, the perfect amount of moisture, and just a little color. They come in a three pack, two tinted, and one clear. The box that I have is a little older, and instead of a clear one it has a darker tinted one that I love. So unfortunately when I need to replace them I won't be able to get my favorite. But I'll buy them anyway because I really like them.

I LOVE the C.O Bigelow mentha lipcare from Bath & Body Works. They have it on sale often so it isn't too terribly expensive and it just a little color, so it's not too obnoxious. Love it!

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=2079003&cp=2484526

:iagree: This is my favorite by far and it freshens your breath too! :)