Menu

I am torturing my children...

m0mmaBuck

We all love Dan here, my teenage girls included. Of course, like pp, I have made sure to expose them to all the "classics," and not just those who have been dead for centuries.  :) They pretty much like everything I do, and they have introduced me to some really good modern stuff, as well (I didn't think there was such a thing).

Ha ha!  Remind me to add Fogelberg to my Christmas list (for myself!).

Is it just me or have things changed a lot since we were kids?  My kids have very specific expectations of what they "have" to "suffer through" when we're driving.  I can't imagine telling my mom or dad what we were going to listen to in their car.  LOL.

Just a funny - we have a little inside joke here.  Often during a conversation, I tell my kids "there's a song like that" and I start singing whatever song came to mind.  My singing is a cue for my kids to holler, "please turn on the music!" (meaning shut up and turn on the CD player).  :P

Longer plays on my phone when my dh calls me because we had a really funny argument about it when driving through Switzerland once. I was listening to a Dan Fogelberg tape (yes, we are old) in the car. He said, "can we listen to something else for a while?" I said, "okay, I just want to listen to Longer." He said, "but I don't want to listen to it any longer!"

Not sorry for your poor kids!

So happy to find other Fogelberg fans!

Love Dan Fogelberg!  Haven't listened to him in years though.  Used to have several of his albums (which are long gone), and later his CDs (the only one I remember is Innocent Age) before we were married & dh gave me his greatest hits CD a few years ago for Christmas, but I don't know where any of them are!

I saw him in concert in Philadelphia years ago.  He was great!  Years later I was living in L.A. and was dying to see him at The Greek, but I couldn't make it.

I'm going to have to make a Dan Pandora station too!  And find my cds.

You guys are making me very nostalgic!  Not good combined with a big holiday tomorrow and all my family far away!