Menu

Is there such a thing as a swiffer...

saraha

with reusable pads?  My steam mop has reusable pads, but I don't want to use it everyday on my hardwood floors, so I am looking for something like the Swiffer I had, but don't want to pay for new sheets.  If not, does anyone use their Swiffer with some kind of cloth to make reusable pads?

Thanks

I tuck a microfiber towel around the head of the Swiffer. People on etsy sell them, and I'm sure it would be easy to make some, but I haven't gotten around to that yet. :) I buy the towels in a huge pack from the auto supply section at Costco. They're great for all sorts of cleaning.

I use a cut up tshirt on my swiffer vac. I have used prefolds or microfiber towels, but they don't work as well on the swiffer VAC since they're thick and lift the vac part too high off the floor for it to have good suction. Otherwise, adore my swiffer vac between steam moppings. I have all hard floors (mix of tile, laminate, and stained concrete).

I purchased a reusable system several years ago. It looks a lot like the rubbermaid system others have linked to, buy mine is dry. I found it at Target. The pads are made of terry cloth and I just throw them in the wash. 

I had one of those and did the floor spritzing method. But, the movers broke it. I couldn't find another one, so I got the Rubbermaid version.

Our Dollar Tree store has microfiber cloths. I use them with my Swiffer from time to time. I give it a good shake, like a regular dust mop, out the door, to get rid of the dust/dog hair, and then can continue on a bit more.

I don't like washing the cloths, tho, because they pick up everything in the wash--hair from towels, lint, etc.