nmoira

Do you like Crowded House?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Crowded House?

• Duh!
    • No, not my bag.
    • Meh, I won't hit skip.
    • Never heard of them.

It occurred to me yesterday that I've never met anyone who dislikes Crowded House. Is it even possible to dislike them?

(Sorry for choosing the obvious video... their catalog is deep, but "try to catch the deluge in a paper cup" is my second favourite music lyric.)

I've had a bit of a crush on Neil Finn since his days with Split Enz. Just a side note. I hadn't realized just how much video work Split Enz had done *before* MTV existed. Here's a chronological playlist I put together on YouTube a couple years back. The first isn't a video, but the rest are.

Wow! I feel old now.

I voted "never heard of them" but I should have watched the videos first to jog my memory.

I did the same thing.  Only now that I actually pressed play on a couple of the songs, I am reminded I do not like them.  I find their singing to be like nails on a chalk board for me.  Can't stand it.  Likely why I didn't know the name of the band, I always turned off the radio when their songs came on it.

I did the same thing.  Only now that I actually pressed play on a couple of the songs, I am reminded I do not like them.  I find their singing to be like nails on a chalk board for me.  Can't stand it.  Likely why I didn't know the name of the band, I always turned off the radio when their songs came on it.

Anonymous no longer. :D

You can change your vote BTW. 

I had to listen to your clips to know. Like Swellmomma, I would change the radio station if their songs came on. I have been listening to the Church's Under the Milky Way on youtube lately. Can't get the song out of my head!

Was expecting this post to be about having company and a lot of people in the house or something.

It occurred to me yesterday that I've never met anyone who dislikes Crowded House. Is it even possible to dislike them?

Love them.  Live, they are unforgettable.  Absolute magic.