Menu

Can someone explain Dr. Who?

JessReplanted

The moment where some creepy disembodied voice says, “Fear me, I’ve killed hundreds of time lords†and the Doctor retorts, “Fear me, I’ve killed them all!†was fantastically matter-of-fact and dark. 

I am a closet Dr. Who fan.  Other than my daughter, I don't have anyone around me that watches the show, but I LOVE it.  I don't really care for the aliens, but I love the characters.

I was walking through a store recently when I heard someone say the above quote and I was so happy that I turned on the spot and started talking to them.  

I am a closet Dr. Who fan.  Other than my daughter, I don't have anyone around me that watches the show, but I LOVE it.  I don't really care for the aliens, but I love the characters.

I was walking through a store recently when I heard someone say the above quote and I was so happy that I turned on the spot and started talking to them.  

I am so happy my ds loves it, but yes, when you see another Whovian you just want to hug them. 

We live on a corner, we want to decorate the landscaping with Weeping angels. Ds also wants to build a TARDIS and move it around town every few days. 

I have that shirt too! I also have the 10th Doctor "Ten of Hearts" shirt that was on Teefury last November. I wore it to the regional science fair this year and all the girls from a local robotics team squealed when they saw it. People comment on my Doctor Who shirts everywhere. The only "negative" reaction I got was from a stock clerk at Aldi who took one look at me and said, "Meh, I'm a Trekkie."

3706a69f63788058a8da0df720f11ebf.jpg

(For non Treckers that's The Doctor from ST:Voyager)

Ah yes, backstory.

You did a really good job choosing episodes. That exercise would have completely stressed me out. :D We only knew as much as the Doctor in Silence in the Library. It makes me want to just go back and watch River Song episodes in some sort of cohesive timeline. I'm sure some Whovian online has them in some sort of order for me. Except Silence would be last...spoilers!

2b005189f0fa024711aa75a84b8dd9f4.jpghttp://www.nerdist.com/2013/05/the-river-song-story-with-spoilers/

What season did you start with?

I had to sort of force myself through the first few episodes, but by the end of the first (new) season I was hooked.

I forced myself to sit through the first new season despite the fact that I hate sci-fi, because my friends and family all love the show.  By the end of the season, I was definitely wanting to keep to watching, but when David Tennant played The Doctor I fell in love with the character and the love has only grown.   :wub:

I am so happy my ds loves it, but yes, when you see another Whovian you just want to hug them. 

We live on a corner, we want to decorate the landscaping with Weeping angels. Ds also wants to build a TARDIS and move it around town every few days. 

You should totally do this.  We're going to build the cats a TARDIS playhouse/climber thingy.

Woolsey! (Stargate SG1 and Atlantis)

Need to get him on Doctor Who to complete his sci-fi appearance collection.

That would be so awesome to have him on DW.

It's great! An older man behind me in line last week complimented me on my TARDIS Kindle cover. We had a nice chat about Doctor Who and who the next Doctor might be while we waited to order. 

Oooh, my boys LOVE to wander the house asking "Are you my mummy?".  They're amazingly accurate in the accent of it too. 

:hurray:   We say that all the time.  My daughter is also creeped out by "Weeping Angels".  I laugh at her misery (just to keep myself from being creeped out.   :laugh:

It's great! An older man behind me in line last week complimented me on my TARDIS Kindle cover. We had a nice chat about Doctor Who and who the next Doctor might be while we waited to order. 

I have a TARDIS skin on my phone that is a conversation starter. So are the wallpapers, themed ring tone, Cloister bell notification chime, and DT telling me to check my text message.  

I probably shouldn't mention all the Doctor themed things around my house. :blushing:

The 4th was my first doctor too.  I got the t-shirt last week that says "you never forget your first doctor" and told my mom I need to crotchet a crazy long scarf to wear with it.  :laugh:

I just finished knitting Calvin a Dr Who scarf - it's in blue and purple tones though, and it's not as long as the original - that kind of length might get in the way when he is trying to function as a student next year (I will not think about next year....)

L

:hurray:   We say that all the time.  My daughter is also creeped out by "Weeping Angels".  I laugh at her misery (just to keep myself from being creeped out.   :laugh:

We have an angel that "mysteriously " moves about the house...one never knows where it might pop up!

We have an angel that "mysteriously " moves about the house...one never knows where it might pop up!

DH bought me a set of "Lego-style" weeping angels for my 30th birthday and put them all over the house - medicine cabinet, van dashboard, pantry, on my pillow, etc.

I have a TARDIS phone background too. The lock screen is the blue police box, but when you unlock it, the wallpaper changes to Nine and Ten's control room.

I think we're probably scaring the OP. She's seen the one Plastic Mickey episode and wondering how grown women go from that hour of cheesy sci-fi to decorating their house, phone, and selves in Doctor Who paraphernalia.