Menu

Would you carry this bag as your purse?

LifeLovePassion

We like to hike/camp but I am not sure if it is too rustic for everyday use. Do you think I could modify it somehow to make it more girly? DH has a bigger version and the thing is a tank which is why I am considering one. http://www.amazon.co...keywords=Noatak (I'd get black I think)

Hiking? Perhaps if it was a short trip and I had no other choices, but even then I'd prefer an good solid real backpack.

For an everyday type of bag? H to the E to the double L, no.

It's fugly.

We like to hike/camp but I am not sure if it is too rustic for everyday use. Do you think I could modify it somehow to make it more girly? DH has a bigger version and the thing is a tank which is why I am considering one. http://www.amazon.co...keywords=Noatak (I'd get black I think)

That looks a lot like my purse:

http://www.amazon.com/Baggallini-MES160CK-Khaki-Messenger-Bagg-Khaki/dp/B000PDEUM6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1372038300&sr=8-3&keywords=baggallini+backpack

Except there's really no where for a pistol in mine (Guess I better not do any hiking near bear country or any prisons. :tongue_smilie: ). Or a large water bottle. I think a slim one would fit in the mesh pocket though. I've never tried.

This IS my bag!!! I love it so much, I have two - one in black and the other in the herbal green color (can't remember the official name for the color). My husband bought me the first when I was looking for a conceal carry bag that would double as a diaper bag but not be too huge. I've always used backpacks as diaper bags and never carry a purse (since I have to have a diaper bag). This bag is the perfect size for me (I have a small frame and I'm 5'3"). I "Girly" up my bags by adding floral pin-on buttons and the like; recently, one of my kids added a Green Eggs and Ham button.

I'm also the type to never change my bags out, so I carry it to work, to the store, to church, etc. My husband likes it because if I need him to hold my bag he's not embarrassed - not that he ever minded when I would carry floral bags.

So, my vote is YES! Buy one, or two. Add pretty pins to it and take it with you everywhere! :)

This IS my bag!!! I love it so much, I have two - one in black and the other in the herbal green color (can't remember the official name for the color). My husband bought me the first when I was looking for a conceal carry bag that would double as a diaper bag but not be too huge. I've always used backpacks as diaper bags and never carry a purse (since I have to have a diaper bag). This bag is the perfect size for me (I have a small frame and I'm 5'3"). I "Girly" up my bags by adding floral pin-on buttons and the like; recently, one of my kids added a Green Eggs and Ham button.

I'm also the type to never change my bags out, so I carry it to work, to the store, to church, etc. My husband likes it because if I need him to hold my bag he's not embarrassed - not that he ever minded when I would carry floral bags.

So, my vote is YES! Buy one, or two. Add pretty pins to it and take it with you everywhere! :)

Can you take a pic of it all girly-ed up? :) Also, do you ever wish it was bigger(like the Sitka)? And I assume you find it comfortable to wear for longer days to the park or zoo too. I think I will get one of them but also a more purse like bag I found at REI.

If my husband ever used the words "isn't flattering" and "purse" in the same sentence, I'd sign him up for the next Pride Parade and wish him well on his new path in life. :lol:

Wow. How insecure must a guy be (or his wife be) in his masculinity that using a word like "flattering" or calling a purse a purse is enough to emasculate him?!

Wow. How insecure must a guy be (or his wife be) in his masculinity that using a word like "flattering" or calling a purse a purse is enough to emasculate him?!

Or perhaps I just know my husband, and I know that he knows zip about purses.

Because........? I can't imagine my husband having an opinion about my purse.

I know, right?

Mr. Ellie notices what I wear, but he doesn't express an opinion about things like purses. I don't know if he even has an opinion about my purses, seeing as how they don't affect his life in any way.

I have managed to convince hubby that I would not be using it as an everyday bag/purse replacement. He figured since it was so well built, I'd not need any other bags or purses :lol: But rather I can use it for park visits/nature hikes, etc. :) The REI Natalie is cute, so are the Keen Brooklyn's and the Bagallini messenger bag someone linked earlier.

• 8 years later...