Menu

What can I do with a lamb's head?

Mrs. A

In some places the eyes are brain are a delicacy. After you roast the whole head, of course. But I'm guessing you're against experimenting that way.

If you are feeling adventurous, you could remove the tongue and treat it like cow's tongue, I suppose.

But, yes, putting it in the crock pot and to make some broth seems like the simplest way. But I would only do that if I really trusted the source. I'm super picky about organ meat and bones, especially from mammals, and brain I would be really cautious about. I know my ancestors would eat pigs head like it was candy, but these days there's a lot of nasty prions lurking about.

Definitely trust the source so that's no problem.

I am tempted to try the eyes and brain thing, but somehow I doubt that would go over well with the rest of the family. :p

Can headcheese be made with lamb, or is that just pig?

I wish I had someone to physically show me. :/

Definitely trust the source so that's no problem.

I am tempted to try the eyes and brain thing, but somehow I doubt that would go over well with the rest of the family. :p

Can headcheese be made with lamb, or is that just pig?

I wish I had someone to physically show me. :/

Yes, all of this stuff reminds me of the chapter in Pollan's Omnivore's Dilemma where he throws out a specialty mushroom he found because he didn't feel comfortable eating it. I can read all the books, I can know that my great-great-grandmother ate it all the time, but on a subconscious level I need to physically see someone prepare it and then eat it.

Who's that guy on tv that travels the world eating bugs and stuff? Maybe he has some videos of how people eat lamb's head.

Yeah, roast it. Yum!

I'd save the roasted bones/skull that are left over (after you eat the face meat) and make stock. I wouldn't include brains.

Lamb tongue is highly delicious. Totally unlike beef tongue, lamb tongue cooks up nice and soft and so flavorful.

Drool.

Bill

Yeah, roast it. Yum!

I'd save the roasted bones/skull that are left over (after you eat the face meat) and make stock. I wouldn't include brains.

Lamb tongue is highly delicious. Totally unlike beef tongue, lamb tongue cooks up nice and soft and so flavorful.

Drool.

Bill

I think this sounds just about right.

Thanks all!