Menu

A semi truck hit my girls school bus today and left them

clarkacademy

It may never end up in the news. My son's accident I thought for sure would make at least small town newspaper news, after all it a was a van load of kids from bible camp rear ended and caused to roll by a semi. But nope to everyone else it was like it never happened, despite my whole world being about it kwim.

Nearly speechless, I am. :grouphug: You all are going to be staying very close to each other for a while, treasuring what you have together. I am so glad for you that your girls are safe.

I, too, would like to see a news link in order to follow up on this.

I am a school bus driver and your post made my blood run cold. The thing that scares me most is big trucks!

I am so glad that your daughters are all right. I hope and pray that they get over the fear soon.

I think that i speak for most all school bus drivers, when I say that we are very aware that we entrusted with the most precious people on earth.. And every day I try so very hard to protect them.

It just gets better! The bus driver was a sub, she did NOT know the route and was depending on the kids to tell her where to go. It is on camera the kids were all yelling and screaming at her some trying to get her to go the wrong way the girls that were taken to the ER were the ones in the front of the bus standing up yelling at her to stop turn around go back etc. The real driver who is a close family friend just called she watched the whole thing from the bus video and only three children on the whole bus were behaving my two girls and a young man in his ROTC uniform. I think that is the military program at highschool?? If I am wrong I apologize. The whole thing was nothing but a recipe for disaster. The children are all in trouble for their behavior but I feel the bus company owes something too. The bus was not even going the right place she did not know the route That is not acceptable at all. You cannot count on a bunch of kids for directions, a driver who knew the route should have been driving.

I will be calling the company on Monday. The whole thing was doomed from the start in my opinion no one was doing their jobs and still no word on that poor woman who was driving. I don't hold her to blame she has to do what she is told by the company the company and the semi were both at fault.

Thank God your daughters are safe!

I just prayed that God will send you healing.

This makes me think all the times I've been too strict or even mean

to DS...he could be gone in a minute if something like this happened...

BTW I love what your adopted daughter said when you went to pick them up...

that is lovely...and I love the story of how she came to you--I love that she asked...

it's heartbreaking but lovely that she chose you as her mom...you are a very

lucky woman, many times over!

It just gets better! The bus driver was a sub, she did NOT know the route and was depending on the kids to tell her where to go. It is on camera the kids were all yelling and screaming at her some trying to get her to go the wrong way the girls that were taken to the ER were the ones in the front of the bus standing up yelling at her to stop turn around go back etc. The real driver who is a close family friend just called she watched the whole thing from the bus video and only three children on the whole bus were behaving my two girls and a young man in his ROTC uniform. I think that is the military program at highschool?? If I am wrong I apologize. The whole thing was nothing but a recipe for disaster. The children are all in trouble for their behavior but I feel the bus company owes something too. The bus was not even going the right place she did not know the route That is not acceptable at all. You cannot count on a bunch of kids for directions, a driver who knew the route should have been driving.

I will be calling the company on Monday. The whole thing was doomed from the start in my opinion no one was doing their jobs and still no word on that poor woman who was driving. I don't hold her to blame she has to do what she is told by the company the company and the semi were both at fault.

When my kids took the bus, and had a sub driving, it was also the kids who told them where to go.

Luckily the kids told the truth and usually it was only one or two who acted up.

I would call as well.

I am glad your girls are OK.