Menu

s/o When did your boys start to outgrow their toys?

JumpyTheFrog

When did your boys start to outgrow their toys?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. When the is youngest one of your boys started to outgrow his toys?

• under age 6
    • age 6
    • age 7
    • age 8
    • age 9
    • age 10
    • age 11+

I asked Tigger tonight if he is bored a lot and he said yes. Specifically, he said he wished Little Guy (age 3) were older so they could play board games together. (They can play Memory together, but Tigger wants to play Monopoly and other older kid games.)

I think Tigger might be starting to outgrow his toys. He will still play with them, but it's like he's forgetting he has them. Even two months ago he would spend hours playing with them. He seems to be reading a lot more instead.

What is the youngest any of your boys started to lose interest in their toys, even good ones like Legos and Playmobil?

--

ETA: I don't mean when they completely lose interest in playing with toys, but when it's no longer what they want to do all day long?

Maybe I should clarify: I don't mean when they completely lose interest in playing with toys, but when it's no longer what they want to do all day long?

I agree about the "man toys" being expensive.

My ds is 15. He has too many responsibilities and schoolwork to play all day long. But if I let him goof off all day long he would. . .

My oldest will be 9 soon and he still loves his Legos. He got an NXT set for Christmas and I can see that occupying him for quite a few years, especially if he joins a team. We got the Brio trains out again last summer when my youngest turned 2 and although my 8 and 6 year old boys hadn't played with them much for the past couple years, they are down on the floor making track designs just as much as the toddler.

For awhile maybe a year or two ago I wasn't sure what to get my oldest for gifts. He's not into sports and there's a limit to how many Legos I want spread all over the floor. Now he says he wants real model trains and I know 80 year olds who never gave up that hobby, so I don't see that getting outgrown soon either.

Mine just spent his Christmas money on Lego technic. I bought him a few books for ideas. My husband likes playing with them! He's almost 8, I would think the Lego technic will keep him occupied for at least 2 years. We had a friend who gave my son a lot of his old toy cars when he was 10, he only kept a few collectible ones and had stopped playing with most toys. He was in school and activities, though, so I'm not sure he had to play even if he wanted to.