Menu

Tell me about your favorite flip flops/slides

pink&bluemommy

I need some that will take me to the beach, to the store, pretty much anywhere! We just moved to Florida, so its flip flop weather year round! A little support would be nice and I have wide feet, sometimes can wear a regular width if they run wide.

Shoes I have looked at:

Montrail Molokini

Chacos

Olukai Ohana

Tevas

Keen

Reef

Tell me your favorites!

Teva Mush. http://www.teva.com/womens-flip-flops/women-flip-flops,default,sc.html

I don't see the one I have here- mine is just a plain black flip-flop- not the wedge.

VERY comfy. I wear an 8.5 wide, and these fit me well in regular width. VERY comfy- I am past that line on the scale that starts with a "2" and they have held up well for me. 3 years, I think? I wear them everywhere- beach, shopping, church, as slippers in the house.

I have a pair of Olukai Oluna and a pair of black Zealand flip flops. I worethe Zealand pair all last summer. The Olukai pair is still breaking in- they were comfortable at first but hurt my feet a bit in a weird stage of breaking in.

Good luck!

Another vote for FitFlops! I first ordered them because of the potential fitness benefits. Now I don't care about that at all, these are just the most comfortable shoes in the world. I usually kick off my shoes first thing when I get home but I forget I have these on most of the time. (I've only ordered them online but I think they are widely available now. If you try to order online, know that you will probably need to go down a size or a half size. I usually wear a 7.5/8 and I get a 7 in FitFlops).

I like sketchers flip flops. They have a thick sole for support and are very comfortable. I live in Texas and it is almost always flip flop weather here. They are thick enough that my toes don't get dirty walking around outside which is a plus. They are also comfortable enough to wear daily. My feet hurt if I wear flip flops that are thin. They also seem to be made of some sort of indestructible material and don't stink so they go from pool to beach to grocery store just fine.

I have 2 pairs of Oka B sandals in the Jasmine style http://www.oka-b.com/OKA-b-Jasmine/dp/B004XQ0ZLQ?field_availability=-1&field_browse=2740800011&field_product_site_launch_date_utc=-1y&id=OKA+b+Jasmine&ie=UTF8&refinementHistory=subjectbin%2Ccolor_map%2Csize_name&searchNodeID=2740800011&searchPage=1&searchRank=salesrank&searchSize=12 I have really wide feet and these fit me perfectly and they're very comfortable. I don't know if any of the other styles run wide, but I had heard that these did, so I bought some, and they are nice and wide. They have decent arch support and the heel is cushy.

I love my suede Keen Newports, they are the.only shoe I will wear when we go on road trips, even in the winter (I just wear them over socks), b/c they are so comfortable and easy to slip on and off. I have had mine for many years and they look exactly the same as when I got them. I actually have a few different pairs of Keens, and I love them all. I have a pair of clogs that I wear CONSTANTLY, and a couple different pairs of really cute sneakers. I just love Keen anything.

My husband also has a pair of Newports. He has extra wide feet, and he loves them b/c they are one of the only shoes that fit his feet properly other than New Balance.

As for true flip flops, I will only wear Old Navy ones, the kind they sell for $1 a pair in the summer. Any others that I have tried have soles that are too hard. I like that the Old Navy ones have a bit of give and will mold to my feet. In the summer I basically live in flip flops, so I buy a bunch of them at the beginning of the summer.

I really like yellowbox and teva flip flops. now they are a little pricey but if you plan to where them every day I think they are worth the extra money. I get yellow box at Belk or Amazon. Teva I get at a shoe store here that have buy one get one half price sales frequently.

My keen slides have been great shoes. I also wear them year round with socks in the winter. I don't like the full foot ones as much although I have only tried them on in store. I guess I would get used to them. For now I wear a pair of eccos when it snows, but push the limit with the slip on keens.