Menu

Who else is starting/about to start a new school year?

We school from Jan - Nov with at least two scheduled breaks between. So we're about to start our... Sheesh, 5th official year?! We've just finished moving into a new home, so with any luck, we'll be ready to start next Monday, on time and S-L-O-W-L-Y. But I may delay us a week til more of the unpacking is settled. I'm not quite sure yet. I think I might break them in with things like Draw Write Now, Top Secret Adventures, learning the basic history of our new city, Logic And various games (if I can find them. :p)

Anyone else?

Yes, we start our new year in a couple of weeks. Now that Christmas is over I am sorting through books, tidying shelves, rearranging etc. I'm making a list of who is doing what in each subject area, and what new things I have to buy.

I'm getting excited about our new school year. My older two are beginning a two-year Diploma of Liberal Arts course via distance ed. That will be the culmination of their homeschooling. The others will be using Sonlight for Bible, History, and Literature, and a variety of other things for other subjects. I'm looking forward to it. :hurray:

We'll start year 7 in February. I'm doing the "big plan" this month. Part of me loves it, and part of me loathes it. I have a Board of Studies inspection for registration due in March, so thats a good excuse to get organised. High school is a bit daunting if I stop and think about it for too long.

D

We started back on 1/1/13 and did four school days this week, one of those being a co-op day (today). It has been a tough week though. The first day of school went quite well but the other days have been a struggle with behavior. Next week will be a normal week, with swimming, violin and piano starting back up. <big deep breath> I feel like I need another break already! This is going to be a rough school semester, as my husband is working full time an hour and a half away from here, plus he is also starting his own practice here. So he goes away for two or three days at a time and then is back for two or three days at a time but while he is here, he is working also, unless it happens to be a weekend day. Lots of praying is/will be going on here.

But, we just started second grade. We're pretty much doing everything we did last year but we added Prima Latina. We are liking Latin so far.

We're not starting a new year technically, but since I changed nearly everything, we are having a fresh start. I'm thinking about considering it the start of our year.... :glare:

That's how I am feeling. I it is not the start of a new year, just of term 2, but all the online classes will be different since the first set ended before xmas. I have a change of direction with the kids and well yeah, different flow this term.

We started our new school year January 2nd, then had the flu hit our house that night. :glare: Nothing like starting the year off behind schedule.

We will hopefully restart our school year January 8th.

Ha, same for us except it was gastro. Eldest woke up vomiting on the morning of the 2cnd & ended up in hospital yesterday. We'll start when she's better.

We start our new year on Monday.

Today is my son's 7th birthday. We're going to my inlaws for the day.

Tomorrow is his party at our house.

I just realized that I planned our weeks backward. We have a 4 day week followed by a 5 day week ... I planned the 5 day week followed by a 4 day week. For three cycles. It's going to take forever to straighten that out.

I think I might cry.