Menu

Please help identify what's in the picture!!

jenn&charles

Guest submarines

What is a service dish holder?

I googled it. They don't exist.

Well, now they do. I absolutely must make myself a couple for each upcoming holiday. I don't know how I lived without them before!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am starting to suspect that knowing what they say it is will not be very satisfying. Sort of like when dd was about 4 and cut out cloth for doll clothing and announced the big piece with a hole in the middle was a dress. Yep her "design" worked but......

I can't believe I care but I no longer expect it to be anything that makes sense. If it did they would tell because they would feel so clever!

You were right!

They sell a pot holder thing that is one connected long piece and you put your hand in each side and use it to pick up a casserole dish. I have one. It's from Kohls.

This contest makes me irrationally grouchy :angry:

Also want to add that they are made of quilted fabric not two pieces of fabric sewn together. They are generally the pot holders found in my friends kitchens here. Hang them on oven doors. Personally hate them--I go to IKEA and get oven mitts.

The fabric made so much more sense when someone said goose bow tie--that I got. But a pot holder that will burn you is stupid!

What have they been smokin'? It looks like two layers of fabric. You pick up a hot service dish with that you'll burn your frickin' hand. I know, if there is someway to burn yourself while dealing with hot food, I've done it. You put that between a nice table and a really hot dish, you'll be paying to refinish the hostess's table.

Yup. 'Cause nothing says "enjoy your Christmas dinner" like having to drive the cook to the hospital to treat her third degree burns. :glare: Or having your dishes sitting atop giant panty liners on the table. Appetizing.

Yup. 'Cause nothing says "enjoy your Christmas dinner" like . . . having your dishes sitting atop giant panty liners on the table. Appetizing.

:smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

FWIW I'm adding my annoyance about the whole contest. Started out as fun, turned out to be stupid. :thumbdown:

• 3 months later...