Menu

Please help identify what's in the picture!!

jenn&charles

That seems like a good guess. Here's an image of a homemade book weight. Definitely some resemblance there.

full_9582_11771_BookWeight_2.png

I think this is correct. Clearly the book-holder-openers haven't been filled with rice yet and will be shorter when filled. The round ends might rest outside of the book pages so as to not mar the books. Remember, textbooks can be HUGE and HEAVY.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I begged for them to tell us.

"No one has guess yet but someone has gotten close. We will announce a winner on Monday, January 14th, 2013 via facebook. If no one gets the correct answer we will we will not post the correct answer so that we can offer this contest again."

"No one has guess yet but someone has gotten close. We will announce a winner on Monday, January 14th, 2013 via facebook. If no one gets the correct answer we will we will not post the correct answer so that we can offer this contest again."

Well ... that's just stupid. I don't like this company.

What????!!!! I've been checking back wondering what the answer is. I can't believe they aren't going to post it! That's just mean.

What?

Well that is about useless. By now anyone who is going to guess has already guessed. Using it again just means no one will respond next time.

So they don't know either ?!?!?

:cursing: :svengo: :toetap05: :smash: :eek: :mad:

Gah!

Is there a forum at etsy where we could ask? Somebody made these thing, I can't believe with all the crafty people here we can't figure it out.

I am starting to suspect that knowing what they say it is will not be very satisfying. Sort of like when dd was about 4 and cut out cloth for doll clothing and announced the big piece with a hole in the middle was a dress. Yep her "design" worked but......

I can't believe I care but I no longer expect it to be anything that makes sense. If it did they would tell because they would feel so clever!

Guest submarines

Since no one guessed in weeks, my bet is that whatever it is, it is poorly designed and / or poorly executed. It certainly doesn't scream "buy me!"

The winner (Roni Paulina Cordova) posted all kinds of answers, including some obviously frustrated ones - one of her answers was right. I guess you could look at what she posted that nobody else guessed? I am pretty sure I don't need whatever it is, lol, but it sure was an annoying contest. Sorry if you didn't win anything.

Guest submarines

The winner (Roni Paulina Cordova) posted all kinds of answers, including some obviously frustrated ones - one of her answers was right. I guess you could look at what she posted that nobody else guessed? I am pretty sure I don't need whatever it is, lol, but it sure was an annoying contest. Sorry if you didn't win anything.

J u s t t e l l !!! :drool5: I beg you. I have a fever. My kids are sick. Just tell.

That was so annoying! I think the only thing winner guessed that makes any sense at all and wasn't guessed before the original deadline...was "those things you use at a library to hold your spot when you take a book out." so maybe that's it? Sorry Hannah didn't win, but at least she gets a $25 gift card!

Service dish holders? Oh, yeah. Just the item to sell in a community college bookstore. I know my kids yearn to have service dish holders (a/k/a pot holders). I'm going to drag out my sewing machine to make tons of these for all the teenagers I know. A complete set for Christmas 2013! I'll make a set for myself, too. That way I'll have them for an upcoming decluttering challenge.

Are you sure you want your daughter at a college like this? I strongly suggest a different school next semester. This one seems to be making stuff up as they go along.

In all fairness, we probably shouldn't hold the entire college responsible for an overly enthusiastic crafter that has an in with the bookstore manager.

What have they been smokin'? It looks like two layers of fabric. You pick up a hot service dish with that you'll burn your frickin' hand. I know, if there is someway to burn yourself while dealing with hot food, I've done it. You put that between a nice table and a really hot dish, you'll be paying to refinish the hostess's table.

I vote this was all part of a psychology experiment.

Am I the only one who is thinking of that scene in the movie A Christmas Story where Ralphie finally gets his decoder ring, locks himself in the bathroom, and anxiously deciphers the secret Little Orphan Annie code only to find out it says... Be sure to drink your Ovaltine?

What a letdown.

Guest submarines

What have they been smokin'? It looks like two layers of fabric. You pick up a hot service dish with that you'll burn your frickin' hand. I know, if there is someway to burn yourself while dealing with hot food, I've done it. You put that between a nice table and a really hot dish, you'll be paying to refinish the hostess's table.

I vote this was all part of a psychology experiment.

This. Double this.