Menu

Please help identify what's in the picture!!

jenn&charles

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are the right shape and height for beer those tall beer glasses the ones that are two feet or so high that you swing up to drink, but I can't remember what the name of them is. Do they open up so you could slip the glass in it? And change it seasonally to cover you fancy beer glass? All I can think of is beer bong, but that's not it. Which of course makes me thing it maybe some kind of bong cozy, but I can't imagin a college bookstore selling those.

Since it's a junior college I'm guessing they don't have dorms, so it's probably not dorm room related.

They are the right shape and height for beer those tall beer glasses the ones that are two feet or so high that you swing up to drink, but I can't remember what the name of them is.

Depending upon the length those glasses would be either a "yard of beer" or "half a yard of beer". No, I didn't booze it up when I was in school. I waited tables at an all-night Denny's and dealt with all the drunks. These glasses are also quite popular at Renaissance Festivals.

Did they ever figure out what this was?

Nope! Not yet....still hoping to come up with something that will win her a textbook. She's starting the nursing program in Jan. and her books are SO expensive!

Thanks everyone for all your help. I really want to know what the darn things are....

I should tell her to post the loincloth idea...LOL.

I cheated, yes I did, and put them in Google Image Search - still got nothin' :( I will now be thinking about those daggone whatever-they-ares all day! I hope your dd figures it out! :)

LOL - yeah I did that too. ;-) I came up with a BIG FAT NOTHING! At least I know I'm not the only one sitting here with it in the back of my mind all day long, lol.

Guest submarines

My observations:

1. Tacky, seasonal fabric: meant to be interchangeable

1.a. "girly fabric": not meant to be worn on a person, and maybe not even used by men

1.b. the intended viewer / user is female or someone working with women or children.

2. Sold in a college bookstore: not a burp cloth; unlikely a pot holder

3. Look like giant cloth menstrual pads: made / conceived of by a man or by someone who doesn't have a "natural" mind set. Their application, therefore, is unlikely to be in the area of "natural" health/ holistic well being.

4. Are they really asymmetrical, or is it a really bad angle? They do seem asymmetrical to me.

And yet no reasonable conclusion comes to me. :confused1: :lol:

Ice pack cover? Is it lined with anything or are there openings in them? If it has openings, it could be filled with corn or rice and used as a heating pad.

It looks like something that would be used in a hospital to brighten the day (holiday). I can't imagine wearing anything out of those fabrics (but maybe I'm just weird). Really reminds me of crafts the volunteers at the hospital where I worked would make and bring in. Usually covers of some sort...

The fabrics seem to be only for holidays that occur during cold and/or school months. Fall, Christmas, one that's possibly St. Patrick's day, and Easter. There aren't any for, say, the fourth of July, or summer in general. That would lead me to conclude they're something you don't use in the warmer months, or that they're something specifically used for school.

Ice pack cover? Is it lined with anything or are there openings in them? If it has openings, it could be filled with corn or rice and used as a heating pad.

It looks like something that would be used in a hospital to brighten the day (holiday). I can't imagine wearing anything out of those fabrics (but maybe I'm just weird). Really reminds me of crafts the volunteers at the hospital where I worked would make and bring in. Usually covers of some sort...

Leapfrogging off your idea - something to wrap around a cast?

I cheated, yes I did, and put them in Google Image Search - still got nothin' :( I will now be thinking about those daggone whatever-they-ares all day! I hope your dd figures it out! :)
LOL - yeah I did that too. ;-) I came up with a BIG FAT NOTHING! At least I know I'm not the only one sitting here with it in the back of my mind all day long, lol.

Yeah, I tried that too, but nothing useful at all. I also did a Google Image search with "etsy" as a keyword (because they are homemade) and that didn't help either...

Keep us posted!!!