Menu

I need an LDS social group thread

TKDmom

Bill, I've been meaning to ask you why you're not a Mormon yet?? ;)

I'll be in Anaheim sometime this spring. Maybe we can arrange to be there over a Sunday and drag you to church with us. :D

Then you could hang out on our threads whenever you want....

My calling (if my gift of prophesy works out) is to be "quality control" inspector of the hot-tub/font. I have been imploring President Kimball to add water-jets as I'm sure they could not hurt conversion rates. Add ladies-pants, colorful shirts (sans-ties), some organic gardening, a few gays, and we could kind of loosen up the image. Don't you think? :D

Bill

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My calling (if my gift of prophesy works out) is to be "quality control" inspector of the hot-tub/font. I have been imploring President Kimball to add water-jets as I'm sure they could not hurt conversion rates. Add ladies-pants, colorful shirts (sans-ties), some organic gardening, a few gays, and we could kind of loosen up the image. Don't you think? :D

Bill

Well there's your problem right there - Pres Kimball has been dead for ages - you would be better off asking Pres Monson since he is in a better position (being alive and all) to answer your petitions :tongue_smilie:

Well there's your problem right there - Pres Kimball has been dead for ages - you would be better off asking Pres Monson since he is in a better position (being alive and all) to answer your petitions :tongue_smilie:

No wonder he never writes back :D

Dear President Monson,

While I was ill advised to petition your deceased predecessor (who might have bothered to respond given the whole eternal life thing) I now turn to you and the First Presidency for your support on a very urgent matter. I'm sure you know what I'm thinking before I even say it...that's right...water-jets for the fonts. What I'm thinking is.....

Bill

No wonder he never writes back :D

Dear President Monson,

While I was ill advised to petition your deceased predecessor (who might have bothered to respond given the whole eternal life thing) I now turn to you and the First Presidency for your support on a very urgent matter. I'm sure you know what I'm thinking before I even say it...that's right...water-jets for the fonts. What I'm thinking is.....

Bill

I think before water-jets, we need some better water heaters ;) That font is cold by the time it finishes filling!

I. I won't be wearing pants. I consider myself to be a true feminist. I reject the notion that gender equality means dressing in pants for church. My son will continue to wear a white shirt to church on my watch. I live in an extremely liberal part of the country. I actually think I may live in one of the more liberal areas of the world. I want to set myself and my family apart from the world and its ideals. I have always been the first woman to pipe up when something was or is being done at church that is wrong and has nothing to do with doctrine. I believe in being educated. I believe in women serving missions (which I did). I believe in having an equal voice in all things in the church and at home. I also believe that we have a duty to come to the chapel in a reverent and modest manner. Besides, I would rather wear a skirt than a suit and tie any day. They look uncomfortable.

I think before water-jets, we need some better water heaters ;) That font is cold by the time it finishes filling!

Dear President Monson,

Not to be a pest, but when we do the whole water-jet upgrade to the fonts, we should also—naturally—include serious upgrades to the water heating system. Trust me, I know this will prove popular. Anxiously awaiting your response...

Bill

Hey, my baptismal water was toasty!

I encounter a lot of sexism in the LDS church. Being a single mother makes me a leaper, too. For example - some how someone listed my sort-of-ex-husband as the head of household. Uh, he's not a member of the church, abused me, cheated on me, and abandoned my child and I. It took EIGHT MONTHS of weekly badgering to have our branch president remove my non-member ex from our listing.

And the next person who says they pity me for not having a priesthood holder is gonna get a talking to.

I encounter a lot of sexism in the LDS church. Being a single mother makes me a leaper, too. For example - some how someone listed my sort-of-ex-husband as the head of household. Uh, he's not a member of the church, abused me, cheated on me, and abandoned my child and I. It took EIGHT MONTHS of weekly badgering to have our branch president remove my non-member ex from our listing.

And the next person who says they pity me for not having a priesthood holder is gonna get a talking to.

My mom had similar issues. BIg hugs. The church is true in spite or us. I grew up without the priesthood in my home. WHile I thank God every day that I have it now I always felt that it was available to me via all the men I knew at church.

Dear President Monson,

Not to be a pest, but when we do the whole water-jet upgrade to the fonts, we should also—naturally—include serious upgrades to the water heating system. Trust me, I know this will prove popular. Anxiously awaiting your response...

Bill

Sounds wonderful :) Too bad it's only used once in a life time ;)

My DH would LOVE a "no neck-tie" Sunday!!!

I probably won't wear pants though, at least not *this* week, just because the "event" feels a bit too much like a protest to me, and I'd be uncomfortable giving off the appearance of "protesting" at Sacrament meeting. Wrong venue for that kind of thing, IMO. Any other Sunday I wouldn't feel so awkward wearing some nice slacks (don't currently own anything other than jeans). There's several convert women in my ward who wear pants, so I doubt I'd draw much attention. It's not like it's Doctrine that a woman *must* wear a dress/skirt to church.

I agree that Sacrament Meeting does not feel like the proper venue for a protest (though I might just join a Sacrament Meeting nurse-in if someone got one going--but then I do that anyway).

Honestly, the matter of Sunday dress seems to me to be more about the formality of the occasion than about specific clothing items. If we view Sacrament meeting as one of the most significant, sacred events in our lives, it makes sense to dress in a more formal manner. In our society, more formal means white shirts and ties for men, and dresses or skirts for women (just watch Michelle Obama at any formal event--and don't tell me she isn't a feminist!) I wear skirts to church because that is how we as a society express "this is a significant and serious event, worth looking and acting my best".

Yes! Our building has 4 "instant heat" water heaters. I think they were all broken for about half the time I was RS president. The cold water isn't that cold In FL, but still...brrr. We had some fleece shawls in the RS closet and I'd get one out every time we had a baptism. I always felt bad for the poor person with soaking wet hair shivering under the a/c vent after their baptism.

I don't really look at this pants event as a protest (protests to me imply you are angry about something, and I agree that I don't want that in sacrament meeting), but as a way to say what I do support. I do want more women to feel comfortable wearing pants to church, yes, but this isn't really about the pants. It was started as a way to show support for any member who doesn't fit the norm. It seems that message isn't always coming through clearly.

Like I said, I won't actually be wearing pants on Sunday. There are obviously many ways to show support for each other. The pants-wearers have chosen to do it this way this weekend and I'll happily support that.

Dear President Monson,

Bill

My oldest will be getting baptized this year and she and dh thank you for your efforts. :)

Thanks for the thoughts about teaching. I will be pondering how best to help our teaching in RS.

My oldest will be getting baptized this year and she and dh thank you for your efforts. :)

Dear President Monson,

It has been less than 24 hours since our last communication, but in the intervention of time it has come to my attention that certain pending baptisms mean our time frame for action is even shorter than first thought. I know if you think the way I do, that you must be thinking "font upgrades" sound great, but where will we put all the water heaters, pumps, and hoses? Am I right? I mean we can't have the Temple looking junky. But I have an idea. Want to hear it?

We stuff all the hardware inside the 12 oxen. What a perfect use of otherwise wasted space, and any "groans" that might emanate from inside the bovines will just make them seem more real.

I'm confident you will agree this is a win-win.

Standing-by anxiously for your response...

Bill

Would you explain the bolded? (Or is this a non teaching group?)

Would you explain the bolded? (Or is this a non teaching group?)

We're always happy to explain. I'm terrible at explaining things, but I'll make a stab at it and let every one else clarify your misunderstandings if I mangle the explanation. :D

Every man in the church (ideally) holds the priesthood. We don't have a paid clergy and all the work of the church is performed by lay members. Every man who holds the priesthood is also authorized to perform certain ordinances (such as administering blessings of healing or of comfort) in his family ( or for anyone else that asks).

I think she is saying that, since she is a single mom, she doesn't have a priesthood holder in her home. That means she has to ask another man in her congregation if she needs a special priesthood blessing. I grew up in a family with no priesthood holder, and it wasn't a big deal, but some people seem to think it is.

So is there a dress code within the LDS church? I find that interesting.

Sort of. It's more like unwritten rules. The official church stance is that Sacrament Meeting (our main Sunday worship meeting) is sacred, and we are asked to dress accordingly. In that article posted upthread, the LDS church spokesman said, "Generally church members are encouraged to wear their best clothing as a sign of respect for the Savior, but we don’t counsel people beyond that."

In practice, women wear dresses to church, while men wear white shirts and ties (and suits, in some cases). Not wearing a dress to church would most likely make you stand out, but IMO its just silly and judgmental for people to pull someone aside and tell them they need to wear a dress.

We're always happy to explain. I'm terrible at explaining things, but I'll make a stab at it and let every one else clarify your misunderstandings if I mangle the explanation. :D

Every man in the church (ideally) holds the priesthood. We don't have a paid clergy and all the work of the church is performed by lay members. Every man who holds the priesthood is also authorized to perform certain ordinances (such as administering blessings of healing or of comfort) in his family ( or for anyone else that asks).

I think she is saying that, since she is a single mom, she doesn't have a priesthood holder in her home. That means she has to ask another man in her congregation if she needs a special priesthood blessing. I grew up in a family with no priesthood holder, and it wasn't a big deal, but some people seem to think it is.

Okay, thanks for explaining it.

Sort of. It's more like unwritten rules. The official church stance is that Sacrament Meeting (our main Sunday worship meeting) is sacred, and we are asked to dress accordingly. In that article posted upthread, the LDS church spokesman said, "Generally church members are encouraged to wear their best clothing as a sign of respect for the Savior, but we don’t counsel people beyond that."

In practice, women wear dresses to church, while men wear white shirts and ties (and suits, in some cases). Not wearing a dress to church would most likely make you stand out, but IMO its just silly and judgmental for people to pull someone aside and tell them they need to wear a dress.

Okay. Thanks. Yeah, I agree about the silly and judgmental thing. Why white shirts? Is that part of the priesthood thing?

Why white shirts? Is that part of the priesthood thing?

I've never thought about it... Ordinances like baptisms are performed wearing all white. I have heard some people making a fuss if the young men who administer the Sacrament are not wearing white shirts, so maybe it has to do with the priesthood. But white shirts aren't actually any more mandatory than wearing a skirt if you're a woman.

Maybe it's just because white shirts are more formal than other colors?

Does anyone else know?

I've never thought about it... Ordinances like baptisms are performed wearing all white. I have heard some people making a fuss if the young men who administer the Sacrament are not wearing white shirts, so maybe it has to do with the priesthood. But white shirts aren't actually any more mandatory than wearing a skirt if you're a woman.

Does anyone else know?

I think white is supposed to represent purity.

From the church handbook:

"Those who bless and pass the sacrament should dress modestly and be well groomed and clean. Clothing or jewelry should not call attention to itself or distract members during the sacrament. Ties and white shirts are recommended because they add to the dignity of the ordinance. However, they should not be required as a mandatory prerequisite for a priesthood holder to participate. Nor should it be required that all be alike in dress and appearance. Bishops should use discretion when giving such guidance to young men, taking into account their financial circumstances and maturity in the Church."

(link)

Does anyone else know?

I've searched all over the handbook. Blessing or passing the Sacrament don't seem to require white shirts, although it's recommended. http://www.lds.org/handbook/handbook-2-administering-the-church/priesthood-ordinances-and-blessings?lang=eng#204 "Those who bless and pass the sacrament should dress modestly and be well groomed and clean. Clothing or jewelry should not call attention to itself or distract members during the sacrament. Ties and white shirts are recommended because they add to the dignity of the ordinance. However, they should not be required as a mandatory prerequisite for a priesthood holder to participate. Nor should it be required that all be alike in dress and appearance. Bishops should use discretion when giving such guidance to young men, taking into account their financial circumstances and maturity in the Church."

Baptisms require white clothing

"Those who bless and pass the sacrament should dress modestly and be well groomed and clean. Clothing or jewelry should not call attention to itself or distract members during the sacrament. Ties and white shirts are recommended because they add to the dignity of the ordinance. However, they should not be required as a mandatory prerequisite for a priesthood holder to participate. Nor should it be required that all be alike in dress and appearance. Bishops should use discretion when giving such guidance to young men, taking into account their financial circumstances and maturity in the Church."

(link)

Dangit! I was too slow :closedeyes:

Well, I work in nursery and bleh, having 3 kids 4 and under all week and then working in the nursery is the worst, but when I was set apart, I was blessed that I would be given the "gift of patience," so that's a good thing I guess, although I'd rather not need it at all :p . We do have some interesting lessons in there. Last week our lesson was that Heavenly Father gave us our bodies. We talked about the fact that God gave us our noses, and God gave us our feet, etc. One of our quiet, cute little girls stood up and pointed to her rear and told us proudly, "God made my tushy! I love my tushy!"

Oh, and in Fast and Testimony meeting, we had 2 people bear their testimonies about how much they love the Christmas carol "The Little Drummer Boy." That very morning my husband had spent a good 5 minutes ranting to me about how much he hates that song and how it is his least favorite Christmas carol, because who in their right mind would play drums for a baby as a present? I think I actually snickered out loud when they declared its merits. I was immediately embarrassed, but couldn't look dh in the eye for a few minutes for fear I'd draw attention to our irreverence.

Oh, and I'll be wearing a dress on Sunday. I'm a traditionalist that way most of the time. I did buck tradition when I blessed 2 out of my 3 babies at home, though. For one daughter, we even broadcast it on Skype so that my parents could watch even though they were in a different state. Now my sister wants to bless her new son over Christmas at home, but my poor traditional father is trying his hardest to convince her against it. I don't think he'll succeed, although he has looked high and low for something official to support his point (he hasn't found anything). :o

I *purposely* designed my lesson to require feedback from the sisters. My lessons typically consisted of highlights from the assigned talks, lots and lots of supporting scripture, and then comments from the sisters. Only rarely was anything said that was "iffy", and when those comments did come it was often another sister who would raise her hand to correct what had just been said.

a good teacher can lead a discussion and get the type of answers they want. I know when I've taught, I would get comments that added, things that I had would never have even thought. It's a great opportunity to get everyone's experience to call upon.

find lessons that are mainly the teacher reading/talking to us to be incredibly dull. :tongue_smilie:

AMEN we had one teacher who did that - it was like fingernails on a chalkboard. sweet lady, but not the most inspiring teacher. But I am in a great ward.

I say cut Auntie some slack. She's proud of your husband for being called to be a Bishop. Pride might be a sin, but....

Bill (who apologizes for intruding on your thread)

Bill, you're welcome to drop by anytime.

not the temple font. dh worked in the provo baptistry for years. there was a minimum water temp for them to work. I think it was 78, and that was considered cold.

he did mention the summer of '75, they were looking around the font for sharks. re: jaws.

I encounter a lot of sexism in the LDS church. Being a single mother makes me a leaper, too.

I'm sorry you had that experience. There really is a difference depending upon the culture in the location you are, and the place of origin of the members. I've been a member 33 years, and only encountered a scant handful of sexists. I also live in one of the more liberal parts of the US. the most memorable being a guy who was most definitely not the brightest bulb in the box. he irritated a number of men too. His wife eventually dumped him.

I did buck tradition when I blessed 2 out of my 3 babies at home, though. For one daughter, we even broadcast it on Skype so that my parents could watch even though they were in a different state.
we blessed dudeling at our dds branch in upstate NY as one would be staying the summer. He was four months old, and it was the first time 2dd even saw him. It was the only way we could do it with all of our children present. technically we did need permission from our bishop since it goes on church records, but there was no problem.

AND you get to break in a *brand new* curriculum starting in January! :D

Oh, I'm sooo excited about the new curriculum. We had a training on the new curriculum on Sunday and it will be awesome.

I'm teaching the 14 and 15yo Sunday school class. I realized on Sunday that we only have 1 young woman and about 10 young men who will be in my class, so I will pretty much be teaching the Teacher's Quorum. Sigh. But it will be fun. I can't help but laugh at their goofiness.

http://www.sltrib.co...-pants.html.csp

It must be this. No, I will NOT be wearing pants to church.

ETA: I guess I should clarify. I'm not anti-pants.... I'm anti-feminist-movement. I don't agree with the feminist arguments at all. I'm going to make the statement on the 16th that I'm anti-feminist by wearing a dress. I'm so controversial, aren't I?

Exactly. Ugh, I'm not on my computer, so I can't highlight...but I just couldn't bring myself to make a "statement" in sacrament meeting either.

I was snickering over that article while dh was sitting next to me, and he was like, "I don't care what they wear to church! I just want them to come! I'm not going to pull someone aside to talk to them just because they aren't wearing a skirt."

But I like wearing skirts to church now. I've gotten a few new ones that have a nice full cut and are made out of a stretchy/silky kind of fabric that's super-comfy and more dressy than my old skirts.

Some women are going to church on Sunday for the first time in years because the pants movement makes them realize that there ARE people who care that these women have felt marginalized. It's no surprise to me see anti-pants proponents in this thread, but it's really not about the pants. The pants are a symbol. By wearing pants or purple this Sunday, you show that you care about your sisters who DO feel hurt the by stereotypical gender roles and the patriarchal structure of the church. Laughing at them, dismissing their pain as irrelevant or nonexistent because you do not share it, or pushing back by wearing something extra-traditional to rub your disagreement in their faces will show them just how unwelcome they really are.

Do you think your mail will start coming "President Diane and Mr [Last Name]"? :D

Congratulations (I think).

Bill

Well, it better, or heads are going to roll!! :D And thank you. I get to work with all the girls in my ward from 12 - 18, and it's always a fun calling...albeit a busy one.

(link)

Oh, thanks. So it isn't so much a requirement as habit it sounds like.

Some women are going to church on Sunday for the first time in years because the pants movement makes them realize that there ARE people who care that these women have felt marginalized. It's no surprise to me see anti-pants proponents in this thread, but it's really not about the pants. The pants are a symbol. By wearing pants or purple this Sunday, you show that you care about your sisters who DO feel hurt the by stereotypical gender roles and the patriarchal structure of the church. Laughing at them, dismissing their pain as irrelevant or nonexistent because you do not share it, or pushing back by wearing something extra-traditional to rub your disagreement in their faces will show them just how unwelcome they really are.

I'm not out to hurt feelings. Thanks to you for directing my attention to the issues in the first place, I was made aware of something that I didn't realize was a problem. I also formed my own opinion and do not agree with it at all. I'm not laughing, dismissing, or pushing back. I'm disagreeing. So I promise not to get offended when some women wear pants, if you promise not to get offended when some women wear dresses. I have that right. Obviously, I'm not actually protesting anything if I wear what I always wear to church. It is my opinion that it is completely irreverent and inappropriate to protest at church. Be offended if you so choose, but that is not my intent.

The young ladies are fortunate to have a mentor like you!

Bill

Awww, thank you!!! They are all absolutely adorable and I love being with them! Plus they just crack me up. Drove the 12 year olds to our activity last night....had to try hard not to laugh out loud at some of their conversations. It's such a great age.

I'm not laughing at women who choose to wear pants on Sunday. We have several in our ward, and we'd so much rather have them come in pants than not come at all. I was laughing at the article in the Salt Lake Tribune. I felt like it was making a mountain out of a molehill, but the culture where I live is SO much different than it is in SLC, and I can see how you took my comment in the way that you did. Appearances are much less important here. People are certainly capable of being judgmental, but only about 20% of the Church members in our Stake grew up in the Church, so there isn't the same saturation of "Mormon Culture". There's more of a sense that we need to stick together and support one another in whatever condition we might be in, because there are so few of us.

I think it's wonderful to help women who are different from the norm to feel welcome at church, it just seems that we should be doing that on a daily basis by the way we treat them, rather than by making a statement with what we wear in one particular Sacrament meeting. I don't want to draw people's attention to myself in Sacrament, when people's focus ought to be on the Savior. Honestly, I'd be surprised if anyone in my ward was even aware of the push to wear pants this Sunday. If I (personally) were to wear pants on Sunday in my ward, it would just detract from the Sacrament and people wouldn't get why I was doing it. I'm not going in the other direction, either. I only have 3 or 4 dresses, and I'll be wearing one of them--like I always do.

we'd so much rather have them come in pants than not come at all.

we have a dependent branch in our building - there are a few young women in it that wear jeans every week, and an older sister who wears pants, so I only see them in the hallways. I'm just glad they're in church. we did have a sister in our ward who wore pants for awhile - she was hiding the tatoo on her ankle. Honestly, it never even registered until she told me and I looked.

I was laughing at the article in the Salt Lake Tribune. I felt like it was making a mountain out of a molehill, but the culture where I live is SO much different than it is in SLC, and I can see how you took my comment in the way that you did. Appearances are much less important here. People are certainly capable of being judgmental, but only about 20% of the Church members in our Stake grew up in the Church, so there isn't the same saturation of "Mormon Culture". There's more of a sense that we need to stick together and support one another in whatever condition we might be in, because there are so few of us. I think it's wonderful to help women who are different from the norm to feel welcome at church, it just seems that we should be doing that on a daily basis by the way we treat them, rather than by making a statement with what we wear in one particular Sacrament meeting. I don't want to draw people's attention to myself in Sacrament, when people's focus ought to be on the Savior. Honestly, I'd be surprised if anyone in my ward was even aware of the push to wear pants this Sunday. If I (personally) were to wear pants on Sunday in my ward, it would just detract from the Sacrament and people wouldn't get why I was doing it. I'm not going in the other direction, either. I only have 3 or 4 dresses, and I'll be wearing one of them--like I always do.
`

If the pants idea got more coverage here I suspect our chapel would be full on Sunday. Many, many sister have been driven away not just by the blatant patriarchal bias in our branch/stake but by the subtle little things, too.

It's interesting to note that the Facebook page promoting the Pants on Sunday day was removed. Facebook is looking into the issue since neither Facebook nor the admins of the page took it down. Was it hacking? We'll know soon. As for now word is being spread via word of mouth and social media.

That wearing pants to church on any Sunday is an issue illustrates the need for this to happen.

I will continue to wear my sunday best as always. If your sunday best is pants then so be it. We are not to be judgemental. WIth those that are, we must remember that they are only imperfect human beings and prone to ideas that may not be as Christlike as they should be. I like the saying by Dory: Just keep swimming :) ... the gospel is true....the people aren't always so.

And Bill, you crack me up. President Monson has a fun sense of humor...you may actually want to write to him. I think he'd get a good chuckle and probably put it in a talk that we'd all hear from the pulpit later, :smilielol5:

I will continue to wear my sunday best as always. If your sunday best is pants then so be it. We are not to be judgemental. WIth those that are, we must remember that they are only imperfect human beings and prone to ideas that may not be as Christlike as they should be. I like the saying by Dory: Just keep swimming :) ... the gospel is true....the people aren't always so.

The Gospel is true, but sometimes the "untrue" elements that creep in can -and do- do a lot of harm to members. When it's just a few bad apples in your ward it's easier to "just keep swimming" than it is in wards where you feel like you're constantly having to swim against the flow.

I think it's been helpful though that this whole "controversy" has rattled up those who have confused tradition with Doctrine in the matter of what we wear to church. I think the statement from the Church saying they don't spell out exactly what entails "best" (pants vs. dresses/skirts) will give a boost to those who have felt judged by members, and they can maybe keep a copy of it in their pants pocket ;) to silence those who would try to be "hollier than thou" towards them. I think the church is SO huge, and with such a varied population, that it can be difficult for the Church as an institution to adequately address the sometimes harmful turns church culture can take, and so this "grass roots" effort can hopefully help ease this particular burden for them.

The Gospel is true, but sometimes the "untrue" elements that creep in can -and do- do a lot of harm to members. When it's just a few bad apples in your ward it's easier to "just keep swimming" than it is in wards where you feel like you're constantly having to swim against the flow.

I think it's been helpful though that this whole "controversy" has rattled up those who have confused tradition with Doctrine in the matter of what we wear to church. I think the statement from the Church saying they don't spell out exactly what entails "best" (pants vs. dresses/skirts) will give a boost to those who have felt judged by members, and they can maybe keep a copy of it in their pants pocket ;) to silence those who would try to be "hollier than thou" towards them. I think the church is SO huge, and with such a varied population, that it can be difficult for the Church as an institution to adequately address the sometimes harmful turns church culture can take, and so this "grass roots" effort can hopefully help ease this particular burden for them.

From the group All Enlist, who started this campaign: "We do not seek to eradicate the differences between women and men, but we do want the LDS Church to acknowledge the similarities," the group’s mission statement says. "We believe that much of the cultural, structural, and even doctrinal inequality that persists in the LDS Church today stems from the church’s reliance on — and enforcement of — rigid gender roles that bear no relationship to reality."

I would be fine with it if it was just what you said it is, but it goes deeper apparently, even so deep as to want to change the temple ceremony (?); I was listening to a podcast that Veritaserum posted on feminism when I was wanting to learn and understand more about the issue. When they mentioned the temple ordinances... I turned it off. I'm not willing to go there; that surpasses my comfort level. Perhaps I misunderstood though.

Maybe someone that knows can explain the doctrinal inequality that is being protested. ?