Menu

If you are over 40 and lost ab weight...

i think there is an element of strengthening your core that is involved when wanting to have a smaller midsection. With a weak core it is easy, maybe even unavoidable, to have your muscles slack which kind of poufs out your tummy. I found that I used to do this, now I have a strong core and everything stays tucked in naturally. Other than that I think your diet is key.

I cut out carbs, too. Down 12 lbs, most from my belly and hips from what I can tell.

I'm on a very strict diet right now and it's working for me. High protein with veggies. No fruit, or caloric drinks. I am eating some dairy, mostly low fat cheese. I'm aiming for between 1000 and 1200 calories a day for now. As I get closer to goal, I will adjust it. I'm great at maintaining weight, just not losing. So, I'm glad this worked.

As far as exercise, well, I clean 4 houses a week. I'm not doing much else, but will probably go back to strenuous yoga during our break next month, mostly because I feel so much better when I do.

Oh, and I'm 41.

i think there is an element of strengthening your core that is involved when wanting to have a smaller midsection. With a weak core it is easy, maybe even unavoidable, to have your muscles slack which kind of poufs out your tummy. I found that I used to do this, now I have a strong core and everything stays tucked in naturally. Other than that I think your diet is key.

Bellydance! It strengthened my core and made me 1 1/4 inch taller by improving my posture.

My tummy looks like cr@p! But, I have had 7 kids.....lost 110 lbs over the years ( probably more like 400....as I gained and lost 50/60 lbs several times.).

I am really working on strengthening my core right now. Mostly be ause of health, but if it can make it look good, all the better.

So, I eat primal/paleo....no dairy, very few eggs, no grains, just meat, fish, veggies, fruits and some nuts. I eat good fats....avocado, olive oil and coconut oil.

I am now almost to my final goal weight....8 more lbs....but, I still have plenty of fat to turn to muscle...

I spin, do yoga, weight training and plan to begin crossfit this spring.

I am not so weight oriented right now as I am getting healthy and beating the crud out of my auto-immune issues.