Menu

Autumn is having her baby!!!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't one of her handlers be in there to assist? I have no idea how this kind of birthing should be done. Are they going to let her do it all herself?

The wild ones do it all by themselves. I'm guessing there's not much a handler could do unless something went really, really wrong anyway.

Didn't show an interest in the foal, you mean?

I know with Chaos's 2 stillborn, she knew right away when they were born- she didnt even try to lick them like she did the others. BUT Autumn is at least slightly trying to lick/nuzzle/etc the baby or it looks that way?

No, I mean the legs out for so long. No interest just meant I had to work really hard to get the foal to nurse, or else bottle feed. Either way they need colostrum quickly.

Ah, I see. I wonder if, in the wild, she'd be this alone, or if she'd have other females with her that might help communicate what she should do, you know? If the human handlers should/would help take the place of some of that?