Menu

Look what followed us home....

Unfortunately I couldn't leave him where he was...my friends dog would have tried to kill him. Asked the neighbors about him and no one knows who he belongs to. He stunk to high heaven, has skin dandruff and a brittle coat. Teeth are not great (a raw diet will help that) and his nails were curling under badly. I've cut them a good bit, but they'll need it again.

We've put up an ad on craigslist, called the pound, had him checked for a microchip...no one has called or emailed. He's super sweet, but I think he's not been very well taken care of. It seems as if he's been living outside-these little toy dogs aren't made to live outdoors...totally likes to mark his territory (inside :glare: or out). But his new doggie diaper now prevents that, lol. Poor dude.

He needs a name too while he's here...something more than 'dog', lol.

If he's here too much longer, he'll be headed to the vet for a nueter. I'll be vaccinating him this afternoon though and bathing him yet again. He's not a yapper it seems so that is nice. I've yet to hear a bark from him at all...just some little whining.

In the last pic, he was refusing to lay down with his diaper on, so he was napping like that, lol. Goober. If he's loose in the house, he has to wear it. Otherwise he marks. He's great in a crate though which is nice.

post-32706-13535087706776_thumb.jpg

post-32706-13535087706398_thumb.jpg

post-32706-1353508770662_thumb.jpg

Edited by CountryGirl2

Guest inoubliable

Awww. He's cute!

I hate to say it, but it sounds like he might have just been abandoned. Our city runs into that a lot lately. People coming in from the next state over have been caught at it, as well as people in the surrounding counties. Our city SPCA and dog catchers have their hands full and citizens are told to report ANY dog they see out and about with no leash. He lucky you found him to take him in!!

I second the Goober!

Awww. He's cute!

I hate to say it, but it sounds like he might have just been abandoned. Our city runs into that a lot lately. People coming in from the next state over have been caught at it, as well as people in the surrounding counties. Our city SPCA and dog catchers have their hands full and citizens are told to report ANY dog they see out and about with no leash. He lucky you found him to take him in!!

I second the Goober!

:iagree: :( It happens a ton in our area, because we're rural.

Is he a mini-pinscher? Looks like his ears have been cropped.

I think you should call him Oliver, like Oliver Twist.

I love Oliver!

I agree with Denise. I'm glad he found YOU!

He is a Miniature Pincher (Toy sized, not a standard Min Pin) and currently laying right up against me in bed....we never let dogs in the bed....ever :D

I'll be calling local vets in that area on Monday. Yesterday and today DD and I drove down the streets near where we found him. There wasn't a single sign out about a lost Min Pin.

Did have someone email me through craigslist...unfortunately they were fishing for info. Unfortunately for them, I am a lot smarter than that.

He stayed in his crate today while I was gone to town. Did great. Saw that he was burrowing in the towels I lined his crate with, lol. Told hubby that we have to buy his own sized crate in a couple of weeks. :tongue_smilie: He laughed when he saw how tiny it was. We are used to the big ones.

Oliver...I like that one...DD wanted to call him Bane...from a character somewhere in a book I think she read or is writing, lol. He's not really responded yet to any names that we've used...I don't know what people were calling him...normally I can get ears to perk if something sounds similar, but as of right now, I've got nothing...

He is a Miniature Pincher (Toy sized, not a standard Min Pin) and currently laying right up against me in bed....we never let dogs in the bed....ever :D

He sounds absolutely adorable!! We rescued a puppy last year, our first small dog. My dh was raised as dogs/cats being work animals, never in the bed. His dad was a horse trainer, and dogs helped herd things and cats caught critters in the barns. No pets in the bed, ever.

Enter Tillie. Now, at 52 years old, my dh has a dog sleeping cuddled up against him at night, a cat at the foot of the bed, and the occasional kid (for some reason) snuggled up on my side. He wonders, "How did I get here?" :lol:

He sounds absolutely adorable!! We rescued a puppy last year, our first small dog. My dh was raised as dogs/cats being work animals, never in the bed. His dad was a horse trainer, and dogs helped herd things and cats caught critters in the barns. No pets in the bed, ever.

Enter Tillie. Now, at 52 years old, my dh has a dog sleeping cuddled up against him at night, a cat at the foot of the bed, and the occasional kid (for some reason) snuggled up on my side. He wonders, "How did I get here?" :lol:

LOL. I almost hope someone did just decide they didn't want him. I'll be sad if I do find his people...

he's still laying here snuggled with me, snoring away, half burrowed in his blanket :D

I think I might call him Ollie, lol. He perked up when I said it. :tongue_smilie:

All I know is that if he was my dog, I would have been hanging posters all over town and notifying the police, shelters, animal control, and all of the vets in the area.

I know it sounds kind of mean, but I would really question how much someone could love this adorable pooch if they haven't even put up signs or notified the authorities.

He seems awfully happy to be with you guys, and it seems a little weird that he doesn't seem to show any interest at all in trying to escape from your house and find his way back home. I'm not saying he was abused or anything, but maybe your family is more loving than his old one was. (Or maybe they were great and he's just kind of fickle and figures he'll take the love and the food where he can get it! ;) :D )

BTW, I think Ollie is a cute name!

I love the third picture! And Oliver sounds like a great name, though based on the third picture I would have to nickname him Goober. :)

Now I can't singing that song. :lol: