Menu

The sins of the fathers, and sometimes the daughters

Oh Carol, you know I love you, but, as a good Cajun gal, I always mix rice and gravy. They just go together, like Sonny and Cher. This is known. I think it is in the Bible somewhere. Thou shalt always mix rice and gravy, for to do not is to anger The Lord. I'm with you on everything else. I will add one more.

Good point, Wendilou! You are quoting accurately from the little known Cajun Codex, which states, "Rice and gravy just goeth together, like Sonny and Cher, verily." However, the Cajun Codex also adds, "if and only if thou happenest to be Cajun."

Edited by Carol in Cal.

How about the dh who refuses to take the extra half a second to stack nesting bowls appropriately? The largest bowl does not belong on top like some sort of special leaning tower of Pyrex.

Gotta love those leaning towers. Particularly when the most useful bowl in the set crashes to the ground, striking a glancing blow onto your head on its way down, thus making the set 90% less useful.

Not a big fan of squeezing all the juices out of hamburgers by pressing them down during cooking either. And what is up with using the same bloody (in the literal, not the British sense of the word) utensils and plates to prepare raw meat for cooking as to bring it to the table? Uh, no. Anathema, also.

Ew! Ew! Ew!

A blessing to those small ones who rinse their oatmeal bowls before loading them into the dishwasher, but why o why can they not rinse the sink? A pox on cleaning little specks of dried cement (i mean oatmeal from the sink)

A plague on the dh who can not fit the baking tray into it's spot so decides to rearrange some kitchen cabinets to "help" me without telling me, and then forgets where he put everything. I still can't find my Christmas cake mold.

Good point, Wendilou! You are quoting accurately from the little know Cajun Codex, which states, "Rice and gravy just goeth together, like Sonny and Cher, verily." However, the Cajun Codex also adds, "if and only if thou happenest to be Cajun."

Selah.

You can't be too hard on those people. Being able to put a new roll of tp on the holder is a superpower. Very few people are blessed with this phenomenal skill. Really. After doing a casual survey of my friends we discovered that in our families it was only the mom who had this unique and wonderful gift. DD claims to have inherited this gift but I have yet to see proof of this. I suspect that the gift may lay dormant for years. More than likely she won't truly realize this superpower until she is married with children.

LOL!!!! It all makes sense now. I will henceforth perform my duty with honor!

Eek! I hope that there were no spiders! I can testify to weeks and even months without a full night of sleep. And yes, I can tell exactly where you left your socks, wallet or keys. I have a built in homing device. (Which makes the radioactive spider more likely, doesn't it!)

The "built in homing device" is a uterus. Evidently, you have to have one in order to find lost things. ;)

Pray, let us not forget the daughter who eats peanut butter straight out of the jar and drops the half-covered spoon into the sink without washing it. Yea verily, may her sins be visited upon her a hundredfold.

Seven times seventy so when she who eats peanut butter straight out of the jar covers her face and hands with peanut butter and then wipes her face on the couch!

(If dh hadn't taken the computer away on a business trip, I'd post pictures of an adorable toddler covered in peanut butter. ;))

Or lets the overfilled trash bag slip down, then puts melted ice cream in so that it slides down the side of the trash can, thus covering both the inside of the can and the outside of the bag with sticky goo that covers one's clothes when the bag is carried....urgh....into the lake of fire indeed...

Them that cause others to fall out of their chair laughing, verily spilling their good and needful coffee...

(JK, I only almost fell.)

A Psalm for the Coffee Lovers, with harps and tambourines:

A thousand times

may their sins be visited upon them

that cause their brethren to wantonly waste needful things,

including but not limited to coffee,

Nutella,

or roasted beets.

Selah.

Seven times seventy so when she who eats peanut butter straight out of the jar covers her face and hands with peanut butter and then wipes her face on the couch!

(If dh hadn't taken the computer away on a business trip, I'd post pictures of an adorable toddler covered in peanut butter. ;))

And when said daughter is EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD? 70x70x7x7x7x7!!!! :lol:

In a towel, though? Can some things cancel out the power of sin? :D

No. Even the Lust of the Towel Clad falls before the sin of surprising the wife by being clean shaven. Or just plain being clean shaven.

The Goatee is hawt, sayeth the Wife.

Woe, woe, WOE unto him that shaves his goatee w/out word or warning, and pops up from the master bedroom ensuite clean shaven. Anathema!

Or him who waits for the day and hour when his distraught wife takes their 3yodd to the salon who has just cut half her hair off and then shaves his entire head.

Yes! I will call out, "Where is the pancake turner?" And someone will reply, "Dad put it away." And someone else will go to add "pancake turner" to our shopping list because half of the things he puts away are never to be found again. . .

Yea, they are to be later discovered in the empty diaper box in the garage, which also containeth his woodworking scraps and varnishes.