Menu

For fun: What is your ringtone?

The all time best ringtone???

I am always hassling my husband-- I very rarely call him, because I do not like to bug him at work, but when I DO call, it is important!

He found out he is not alone in failing to answer the wife's calls. A colleague was giving a talk to a large group of faculty (200+ professors) when his pocket SCREAMED out in what was apparently his wife's voice:

"ANSWER YOUR G*DD^%## PHONE!"

Needless to say, DH was extremely amused (along with the rest of the room) and suggested the hapless guy go ahead and answer ;) DH has since been grateful that my heckling has never extended to 'personalizing' his ring tone!!

The all time best ringtone???

I am always hassling my husband-- I very rarely call him, because I do not like to bug him at work, but when I DO call, it is important!

He found out he is not alone in failing to answer the wife's calls. A colleague was giving a talk to a large group of faculty (200+ professors) when his pocket SCREAMED out in what was apparently his wife's voice:

"ANSWER YOUR G*DD^%## PHONE!"

Needless to say, DH was extremely amused (along with the rest of the room) and suggested the hapless guy go ahead and answer ;) DH has since been grateful that my heckling has never extended to 'personalizing' his ring tone!!

:lol: I just may do this to dh's phone! His ringtone for when I call? "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye:glare::lol:.

I am geeky enough to do that as well, lol

16 year old, Galway Girl

12 year old, Psych theme

dh, If I were Jesus

Mom, Cheers theme

Twin, Greatest American Hero Theme

sister, BJ and the Bear theme

inlaws, ATeam theme

bil, Firefly theme

main ringtone for misc calls, Torchwood theme

text tone, tardis

etc.

with Handcent sms I can cutomize text tones to match as well. :D

I need those Doctor Who and Joss Whedon ringtones. :D

Dh has Truly, Madly, Deeply by savage garden. Everyone else has a generic ringtone b/c I've been too lazy to take the time to customize them.

I have different ringtones for different people.

In-laws: Darth Vader theme

Grandma: You are my Sunshine

DH: Smile (Uncle Kracker)

DS1: Chasing Cars (Snow Patrol)

DS2: Zelda Theme

Favorite Aunt: Hail to the victors (she's a huge michigan fan)

Brother: Sittin' at a Bar

Ex: Pray for You (He only calls if we have to talk about the kids but it makes me laugh before I have to talk to him!)

My text notification is Sheldon Cooper saying "Bazinga"

What else?

Hail to the Lion

and

Onward State

Mine used to have "Fight On State," but I ended up switching it because I could never hear it. I keep my phone in my bag or on my counter, and that just wasn't distinct enough to be heard over the general commotion that is a bunch of small kids, LOL. :)

What is your ringtone and text message notification? I got a new phone yesterday, so I'm having fun resetting all my ringtones. My general ringtone is the theme music from Downton Abbey and my text notification is Doctor Who (Matt Smith) saying "You've got a text message. Text messages are cool."

I'm in the process of assigning specific ringtones to frequent callers. This is fun!

My phone is set to vibrate with the ppl who send me work set to a really obnoxious alarm. So, if, for example, the pizza man can't find our address and he calls to find us, we get cold pizza.

last night

But I work on call and the ppl who call have the most ghastly alarm so that I can't sleep through it or not hear it in the bottom of my purse.

When my family is separated and my daughter could need me for something, I leave the ringer on vibrate but hold the phone in my hand.