Menu

I can't make this stuff up (kid quotes)

I took my kids out with a friend to look at houses. In one he climbed onto the edge of a sheet of plywood to be able to see into a crawlspace. My 5 year old, with the most serious expression and voice she has ever used, announced "You know, you are standing on a falling hazard."

She is my child that has had stitches and been glued three times. Apparently she is hearing my warnings and just doesn't care.

Since I can't share this with anyone IRL, I might as well share it here:

My 6 yo son came to sit by me on the couch this morning to read aloud to me. He sat down and immediately said, "What's that awful smell!! Yuck!!"

I said, "I don't know."

"Argh!! It's your breath!!!" he screamed at me and ran away.

:001_huh:

Not today, but my youngest had a ring of cards with B&W line drawings and words to practice her speech sounds. One of the pictures was of a peach. Littlest decided it looked like a butt; however, I don't like for them to say that word and try to get them to say bottom instead. Littlest thought it was hysterical to say, "It's a butt! butt!! Butt!!!" every time we came across that card on her word ring. :tongue_smilie:

My 6yo came to me this afternoon to tattle on his brother. "He's not doing his work, Mommy. I was playing and he got 'extracted.'" (aka distracted):lol: I'm going to miss all of his mispronunciations when he grows up.

He wants to go to "iguana" (aka Awana).

He quotes Buzz light-year, "To Amphibian and beyooond!"

And, he "pacifically told me...." (and I atlantically replied...):lol:

My fave 6yo quote, "Moooooom!!!! (sister's name) is proper-ing my grammar!"

This past spring my dd paged for our senator. I had to truck in my whole crew to get her where she needed to be. As we were walking through the parking lot we passed another senator on his way to work. He spoke to the children. My nephew responded. The senator laughed and told him not to talk to strangers. My nephew looked befuddled and said, "You are not a stranger. You work for us."

This past spring my dd paged for our senator. I had to truck in my whole crew to get her where she needed to be. As we were walking through the parking lot we passed another senator on his way to work. He spoke to the children. My nephew responded. The senator laughed and told him not to talk to strangers. My nephew looked befuddled and said, "You are not a stranger. You work for us."

:lol::lol:This is AWESOME. :lol::lol:

Nothing over the top funny here today thus far.

Ds9 wants to invent a time machine to go back to Disneyland, not because he wants to ride the rides again but because he has buyer's remorse for what he bought in the gift shops and wants to buy something different.

DS14 has decided cadets rocked so much during his first meeting last night that he will stay in it until 18, then join the army, steal the tanks and come kill all the bullies in town. He says I have to move first because there is more bullies than nice people so he will just kill everyone. Yup that is a reason to wait until you grow up and join the army.

The girls have not had much to say to be rewritten. Both are shrieky today and separated from the general population of the home for their own safety.

DS9 had a funny one this summer that still cracks me up. He came inside crying and screaming that older sibling had lied to him. sibling had told him that his friend could ride his bike standing up with only 1 hand and never fell down. Ds9 had tried to ride his bike standing up with NO hands and crashed. Therefore big sibling was a liar, it was impossible and all their fault for lieing that he was hurt. It took a long time trying to talk to him and not start laughing at him to get him to see the fallacy in that logic.

Edited by swellmomma