Menu

We're foster (dog) failures

Apparently that's what they call us....people who swore there was no danger at all they were going to keep the foster dog because, "I don't even LIKE beagles." oops. I didn't know she was going to be GREAT with kids of all sizes, my younger dog's very best friend, tolerated by my old, grumpy dog, and pretty much the sweetest, most charming little hound dog ever. Now if I can just get her to stop squeezing under our fence, following everything she smells, she'll be perfect :)

Also, she came with a really cool name: Fiesta.

Could you resist this face?

405363_4108607950309_827004846_n.jpg

:hurray::hurray::hurray: I am celebrating your failure with you and your family. I am like that.:D

No, I could never resist that face, especially with the personality you describe! VERY cool name!!!!!

I guess you will have to add something to the bottom of your fence? You will be able to work it out. If not there are those collars which allow her to go onl y so many feet from the house. I had to get them for our pups as much as I didn't want to. Our yard is too big to fence in. This allows them to still have freedom. Training them with it broke my heart but it was worth it. They are safe from our crazy neighbors now, and they are safe from the speeding 4-wheelers. And they don't have to wear the collars much!

Enjoy her!!!

I love hounds of all kinds! We have two Coonhound mixes, one 13 and the other 4, and the are the sweetest friendliest gentlest dogs I have ever had, or known. The young one is dumb as a post, but we love him anyway!!!

Hounds rock! Had two Beagles as a kid, and they were the best family dog ever. When I was 2yo, our Beagle used to lay on his back on our wood floor and I would drag him around by his tail. I mean, honestly! What kind of dog puts up with that? Repeatedly!!

On the other hand, they do like to follow their noses...out the yard, down the street....:banghead:

:hurray::hurray::hurray: I am celebrating your failure with you and your family. I am like that.:D

No, I could never resist that face, especially with the personality you describe! VERY cool name!!!!!

I guess you will have to add something to the bottom of your fence? You will be able to work it out. If not there are those collars which allow her to go onl y so many feet from the house. I had to get them for our pups as much as I didn't want to. Our yard is too big to fence in. This allows them to still have freedom. Training them with it broke my heart but it was worth it. They are safe from our crazy neighbors now, and they are safe from the speeding 4-wheelers. And they don't have to wear the collars much!

Enjoy her!!!

We're thinking lining it with bricks might do the trick. Most of the fence is new and very secure, but the section along the back, adjacent to the church behind our house, is old and not in great shape; that's where she finds places to squeeze out. Fortunately, the couple of times she's gotten out, she just sniffs around in the woods back there and then winds up back in front of the house in 20 minutes (usually while we're still searching madly for her!). We're watching her when she's out now and will try to fortify the fence this weekend.

No, I absolutely could not resist that face!!!

We were "failures" as human foster parents, I can't imagine what would happen with dogs! We became foster parents fully intending to foster ONLY. Needless to say, soon after our first placement we were scrambling to add an adoption license to our foster license. 4 adoptions later we decided to give up our license because we ran out of room!

Good luck with your sweet Fiesta!!