Menu

A Brady Bunch Question

Greg was some kind of boy scout knock-off and Marcia was a Sunflower Girl? I think it was. Something like that. because there was the episode where Marcia had to prove girls were just as good as boys by passing the initiation test to get in the fake boy scouts.

I recall an episode where Bobby was a pool prodigy, too, but I don't think that went anywhere.

Greg went surfing in Hawaii...had he already learned how to do that back home? I can't remember.

And, yes, they did a lot of really groovy singing together.

I remember what Peter did! He was Benedict Arnold in the school play and everyone gave him a hard time about it.

Cindy and Bobby tried to set a world record for teeter totting once (they didn't make it)

They made a movie about Thanksgiving in the backyard one time.

Those Bradys sure were busy.

I remember what Peter did! He was Benedict Arnold in the school play and everyone gave him a hard time about it.

Cindy and Bobby tried to set a world record for teeter totting once (they didn't make it)

They made a movie about Thanksgiving in the backyard one time.

Those Bradys sure were busy.

The author of The Wordy Shipmates (Sarah Vowell) makes an amusing case that we learned more American history from The Brady Bunch than at school. She mentions both the Benedict Arnold and Thanksgiving episodes!

I seem to remember a never ended rotation of sports and after school clubs that were mentioned in one episode as a plot device, and then never mentioned again. There were fake scouts, and the boys played sports, and I remember a Science Club being mentioned once.

All that dabbling with no commitment to anything couldn't have looked good on their college applications. :lol:

The author of The Wordy Shipmates (Sarah Vowell) makes an amusing case that we learned more American history from The Brady Bunch than at school. She mentions both the Benedict Arnold and Thanksgiving episodes!

They also taught us that "A primate takes the size and shape of a monkey a man or any old ape."

Love the Brady Bunch! And love this thread.

I highly recommend adding this gem to your family bookshelf:

http://www.amazon.com/Bradymania-Everything-Know--And-Anniversary-Edition/dp/1558504184/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348180539&sr=8-1&keywords=bradymania

Has all the episode summaries, etc.

It's $120 new and $.01 (one cent) used on Amazon Marketplace. :001_smile::001_smile:

Of course Greg knew how to SURF and how to (try to) repair clunker cars!

Fom what I remember Greg was in football, Marsha was cheerleading, I think there was an episode where Jan was in some kind of girl scouts. One of them ran for class president - Marsha, I think.

That's all I can remember.

I thought Jan wanted to be in some boy scouts type club? And Greg had to initiate her and make it really really hard. He didn't expect her to make it but she did just under the deadline. Or was that Marsha? Because I remember poor Bobby had to be in a Girl Scouts type club.

Fom what I remember Greg was in football, Marsha was cheerleading, I think there was an episode where Jan was in some kind of girl scouts. One of them ran for class president - Marsha, I think.

That's all I can remember.

Greg and Marcia ran AGAINST each other for school president.

• 2 weeks later...