Menu

Closing? !!!!!!

The closing on our home in the other state is scheduled for today at 11 a.m.

Wait for it. . . . .

We just got a call that the house was vandalized last night. The realtor is on her way there to see how much damage was done.

Sigh. I quit.

It took us a year to get a buyer, jumping through hoops, etc.

:svengo:

:grouphug: Hope it all works out well for both you and the buyer. :grouphug:

It IS insured for non occupation so it's not a question of how to pay for any repairs, fortunately. The water was turned on Friday for the closing and de-winterized. If the copper pipes were taken the wood floors will have been ruined.

I have heard of a few cases where the buyers are vandalizing the home the night before closing just to lower the price more. I hope that is not the case and the vandals are caught.:grouphug::grouphug:

Yes, this. I would look into this more carefully with the police before making any decisions about the house. It seems to be a coincidence but is it really??

I have heard of a few cases where the buyers are vandalizing the home the night before closing just to lower the price more. I hope that is not the case and the vandals are caught.:grouphug::grouphug:

The buyers did discover it. It's the door from the garage into the house. The door trim was pulled off and the dry wall is missing right by the locking mechanism. That's all we know right now. Still waiting for that call back.

The realtor looked through the house pretty carefully she didn't see any other damage than the door to the house from the garage. The garage & side door were still locked.

So how did they get into the garage?

She thinks it was an inside job. It was just that door & drywall damaged everything else is OK.

Closing is still on for 11.

Probably they'll just be asking for a new door which the insurance can cover.

For 20 more minutes the house is ours and then we're done.

Holding my breathe.

I would want a list of people who knew the house was closing. inspectors, appraisers, real estate, neighbors, etc. Utility companies. :glare:

Yup, the realtor is pulling up the list of folks who went through after the last inspection 2 weeks ago. It was all fine then.

Called our old neighbors to see if they saw anything suspicious.

Personally I think it was the utility folks. They're the last ones through the house Friday and it was supposedly all OK then.

The neighbors are mad at us for doing a short sale so I don't think they'll want to devalue it more.

Well, it doesn't sound like any serious damage. That's a relief. As long as they weren't responsible, I feel bad for your buyers too. It is probably a little creepy or discouraging to know their brand new house was the target of vandals.

Agreed about the creepy. Hopefully they're just excited to be moving in today.

Yup, the realtor is pulling up the list of folks who went through after the last inspection 2 weeks ago. It was all fine then.

Called our old neighbors to see if they saw anything suspicious.

Personally I think it was the utility folks. They're the last ones through the house Friday and it was supposedly all OK then.

The neighbors are mad at us for doing a short sale so I don't think they'll want to devalue it more.

Why do they think they have a right to be mad about your short sale? What else are you supposed to do?:001_huh:

:hurray:Glad it all worked out!

But will you be able to find out who the guilty party was (assuming the police can find out) now that it's no longer yours? (I'd be dying of curiosity, but I'm glad you got it off your hands!)

No probably not. I'm really not interested in knowing now that it's not our property and we're not liable. :001_smile:

I was glad to hear that the new owners are being careful and changing out the locks today. Consensus is that the vandals planned to come back and do more.

Not. my. worry. any longer!

They're mad because speculation is now reality. They're all young and very much entitled, right.

It is done.

:cheers2:

So glad it's done and not your problem any more. Just can't seem to muster up any sympathy for the neighbors on this one.Thank God you CAN short sale it and are not in a foreclosure nightmare.

How is the dream farm life going? I have been so interested to see it all unfold.

So glad it's done and not your problem any more. Just can't seem to muster up any sympathy for the neighbors on this one.Thank God you CAN short sale it and are not in a foreclosure nightmare.

How is the dream farm life going? I have been so interested to see it all unfold.

Farming is good. :001_smile: Life here is good. :D A dream come true with a few modifications that were unexpected. It would be hard to go back to the way life was the past 20 years now. We've all grown so much.

Farming is good. :001_smile: Life here is good. :D A dream come true with a few modifications that were unexpected. It would be hard to go back to the way life was the past 20 years now. We've all grown so much.

:) I'm so happy for you. I really want a more rural existence too. I dream of it! :) Maybe some day I'll be able to get out of this city and move further north where things are more calm and quiet. :) Where are you living now? Do you actually have a farm?? Sorry for the nosy questions, but I'm curious. hehe :p