Menu

Womens size 1-3 I have a Q for you.

I need to buy dd13 some new pan#ies. She wears a size 1-3 in jeans. Do you have a recommendation for reasonably priced items? In the stores, all I am finding in the adult section are size 5 and up, with a rare size 4 mixed in(unflattering fabrics/styles). I am sure VS or other specialty store caries them, but I would like to stay under $4 a pair if possible.

I need to buy dd13 some new pan#ies. She wears a size 1-3 in jeans. Do you have a recommendation for reasonably priced items? In the stores, all I am finding in the adult section are size 5 and up, with a rare size 4 mixed in(unflattering fabrics/styles). I am sure VS or other specialty store caries them, but I would like to stay under $4 a pair if possible.

Underwear go by hip measurement. A size 5 does not equal size 5 jeans.

Also, isn't that about the equivalent of a girls 14/16?

This is a Hanes chart (pretty standard) Let's see if this will link:

sizeChart_wmspantiesandshapers.gif

I think my 11 yo dd who wears a 12 slim could almost fit the 4. (If she didn't move around too much...)

Edited by darlasowders

In my experience, underwear sizes run bigger than jeans. I am around a 5/6 underwear size and wear a jeans size 0-4, depending on the store. I buy at Walmart too.

Oh, good to know. Maybe I will just buy a pack and see if they fit her. She will grow into them eventually. LOL

Underwear go by hip measurement. A size 5 does not equal size 5 jeans.

Also, isn't that about the equivalent of a girls 14/16?

This is a Hanes chart (pretty standard) Let's see if this will link:

sizeChart_wmspantiesandshapers.gif

I think my 11 yo dd who wears a 12 slim could almost fit the 4. (If she didn't move around too much...)

I would guess her waist is about 20-21inches but she has curves so she needs the womens style, instead of kids. (The 14-16 kids are either too small or ride up/don't fit the waist).

In all of Walmart, I found about 6 packs of size 4 x-small..out of the hundreds of other packs and hanging items. :glare: The were items like string bi#inies in red and black, which won't work (they would show through some of her clothes).

I would guess her waist is about 20-21inches but she has curves so she needs the womens style, instead of kids. (The 14-16 kids are either too small or ride up/don't fit the waist).

In all of Walmart, I found about 6 packs of size 4 x-small..out of the hundreds of other packs and hanging items. :glare: The were items like string bi#inies in red and black, which won't work (they would show through some of her clothes).

Hmmm.... can you sew? Underwear are quite easy (if you've worked with knits at all.). Or you could buy them to fit in the hips/tush area and nip in the waist a bit.

Hmmm.... can you sew? Underwear are quite easy (if you've worked with knits at all.). Or you could buy them to fit in the hips/tush area and nip in the waist a bit.

Hmmm, I can sew, but don't love it. I could nip and stitch though, that may be a good idea. :001_smile:

I wear a size 3 in jeans and my underwear size is 5. Which is a size S.

I purchase my underwear online at Forever 21 and Express when they are on sale. Right now they have underwear on clearance for $2.99 & $3.99 a pair. HOWEVER it may be a bit too lacey for what you want her in. I do purchase from Belk on occasion when they have a sale going on. But they are usually $5/pair and under.

I don't purchase fruit of a loom or hanes underwear as I have never liked their fit on me. I prefer purchasing my underwear by the singles.

Um, I'm going to dissent here and say that this is actually a problem for me. The best fit I've found is VS and I just wait for their 5 for $25 sale and stock up. Everytime I've tried dept. store, or Costco underwear they have been too big (until I had my 2nd baby anyway).

Target also carries a lot of Hanes, though I can't vouch for size availability.

Thanks...I checked there too, they only had 1 pack of size 4. We bought them. She says they fit ok (not great), but we need to wash them a few times to see if they are going to shrink or change shape.

It won't help now, but sign up for VS (snail) mailers. They send coupons for a free pair of panties every month or so. I wear anything from a 0-5 in pants and wear size xs panties from VS.

VS also does 5 for $25 sometimes (particularly on their 'Pink' stuff).

That would be a good way to 'stock up' on them. If you are comfortable with them, that is. :)

Um, I'm going to dissent here and say that this is actually a problem for me. The best fit I've found is VS and I just wait for their 5 for $25 sale and stock up. Everytime I've tried dept. store, or Costco underwear they have been too big (until I had my 2nd baby anyway).

I will try there tomorrow. Honestly at current gas prices, it would probably be cheaper to just go where I know they have them. :D I will check them out on line too.

I love American Eagle's Aerie brand, especially the non-lacy boybriefs like this. They are very comfortable, fit well, and are good quality. They carry smaller sizes as low as XXS. They have a special going, 5 for $26, which is above your price point but they frequently have clearance specials online and in the AE stores.

I wear xs VS in the cotton style and they are the only ones that are comfortable. Every time I try something else, they ride up or bag, or sag, or bunch. They last longer too. You can usually buy some on clearance online for 3.99 and if you look around you might find a coupon code to help.

Hanes, size 4. I get them for BabyBaby at Target, KMart, or WalMart. She wears a child size 10, but has inherited my butt. :glare: Plus she is very athletic/muscular and the girls undies just do not fit her. bonus for my sporty girl: no sissy princess undies.

For reference, my oldest wears a Junior size 5, and buys Hanes size 5 undies- she prefers a looser fit. When she wore 00/0/1/3 sized jeans, the 4s fit her well.

Not every style comes in the size 4, or at least my Target doesn;t carry every style in a 4.

Thanks...I checked there too, they only had 1 pack of size 4. We bought them. She says they fit ok (not great), but we need to wash them a few times to see if they are going to shrink or change shape.

look around for other size 4 styles. They aren't as common so there isn;t as much variety. BabyBaby likes one style of the bikini, but not another. None have really shrunk for her.

I'm ubercheap but wear VS underwear. I wait until they go on sale, every other pair I've tried tend to go places they shouldn't.

The boy-cut ones at American Eagle. They run them on sale quite often. I LOVE that they don't ride up. They are also 100% cotton, but come in cute colors and prints. I wear a size 2 in jeans/shorts (3 in juniors' sizes), but I like the fit of the medium panties there. They shrink up some because they're cotton and they fit perfectly.

Also, if you check VS after Christmas you should be able to find the holiday prints on sale for a good price. As a pp mentioned as well I've gotten coupons for free undies as well, at least once a year. They usually last me about 3 yrs or so I think. I've figured out some of them last longer than others.

The boy-cut ones at American Eagle. They run them on sale quite often. I LOVE that they don't ride up. They are also 100% cotton, but come in cute colors and prints. I wear a size 2 in jeans/shorts (3 in juniors' sizes), but I like the fit of the medium panties there. They shrink up some because they're cotton and they fit perfectly.

:iagree: AE's undies are great. IMO VS is very poor quality and never fits quite right