Menu

So very, very sad - please keep our area in your thoughts/prayers

The Waldo Fire is out of control right now. All of NW Colorado Springs is under evacuation, about 12000 people. A 60 year staple of our city, the Flying W Ranch, has burned as well as surrounding houses. A portion of I25 is closed. The city is smokey. This is horrible, awful, and terrible. I am so sad. You can watch live coverage at www.kktv.com by clicking on the Live Stream. A few moments ago they were broadcasting a hill with large flames and houses in the foreground.

Please keep the firefighters, evacuees, and those that lost their homes in your thoughts and prayers.

Fire.jpg

Edited by SJ.

How horrible! Are you evacuated too?

No, we live to the NE. I am worried about a friend of mine who is on the edge of the evacuation line. She is pregnant and due any minute, unless she had her baby recently then she has a newborn and three other children. :(

No, we live to the NE. I am worried about a friend of mine who is on the edge of the evacuation line. She is pregnant and due any minute, unless she had her baby recently then she has a newborn and three other children. :(

Oh my! I will pray for you all. We have a friend with a son at the AFA. I am texting her now.

Oh my! I will pray for you all. We have a friend with a son at the AFA. I am texting her now.

A portion of the AFA has been evacuated, I think one of the base housing areas. They are all being sent to Fort Carson.

Which direction from Colorado Springs is the fire heading?? My in-laws are in Manitou Springs and they were evacuated Saturday night. But, they were allowed to go home on Monday. I wonder if things have taken a turn and if they had to evacuate again? As of Monday when she called me, she said only one building (like a shed) and been destroyed but as of that time no houses were affected yet. Sounds like that's changed.