Menu

I'm no longer a homeschooler

Well, it's happened. Today was my last official day homeschooling.

We decided to send the older one to a private school this past January, and we liked it enough to apply for the younger one for next year. So they'll both be going.

These boards have been a lifesaver to me over these nine years. My older son has learning disabilities, and I never would have been able to homeschool him effectively if it hadn't been for the amazing folks here.

Thank you to everyone who has walked with me in this journey. You all are amazing!

Edited by EKS

I'm with you, Kai. My oldest officially graduated this past weekend and the youngers officially transitioned to private school over the last couple of years.

My days here should wind down, but now it's on to some education for myself and this forum is both a valuable resource and support system.

Hope to see you around!

Well, it's happened. Today was my last official day homeschooling.

We decided to send the older one to a private school in January, and we liked it enough to apply for the younger one for next year. So they'll both be going.

These boards have been a lifesaver to me over these nine years. My older son has learning disabilities, and I never would have been able to homeschool him effectively if it hadn't been for the amazing folks here.

Thank you to everyone who has walked with me in this journey. You all are amazing!

Ack! No!!! :( I'm sad to see you go, Kai. I've followed your posts with interest and it was you who led us to use Mosdos for a year, which I really enjoyed. Your insight and advice will be missed. I wish you and your family much success in the new direction your lives are taking. smiley-hug008.gif

I'm with you, Kai. My oldest officially graduated this past weekend and the youngers officially transitioned to private school over the last couple of years.

My days here should wind down, but now it's on to some education for myself and this forum is both a valuable resource and support system.

Hope to see you around!

Not you too!!! :svengo: Your wisdom, humor, and posts will be sorely missed. I wish you and your family all the best as well. Thanks for sharing with us over

the years. smiley-hug008.gif

Oh, my goodness, Kai. :grouphug: The best to all of you in this new endeavor.

Please stick around and lend your advice for awhile longer, though! You are on my short list of people to always bother reading.

:iagree:and best wishes for you and your kids!

What are you talking about???

There are 7 months between now an January, and you can't just lie around the house eating bon-bons (now that you're no longer officially a "home-schooler" :D).

So mush on....and we will happily claim you as an "afterschooler" :001_smile:

Bill

Oh, my goodness, Kai. :grouphug: The best to all of you in this new endeavor.

Please stick around and lend your advice for awhile longer, though! You are on my short list of people to always bother reading.

TD

:iagree:Please stay with us! My LD son needs your expertise for me to homeschool him properly.

Thanks all! I do plan to stick around, because I'm too addicted to do otherwise!

I'll be summerschooling the younger one and then moving to afterschooling next year in literature and history, two areas where this school falls short. Actually, they might fall short in math as well, but they are at least willing to place kids appropriately in math, which is not the case with the public schools around here. So we'll see.

Once the bon-bons lose their appeal:D, I was thinking about doing some tutoring or teaching, possibly even online, and perhaps even producing some homeschooling materials myself. I've always wanted to try to make an SOTW-type curriculum for science, something with a compelling narrative piece and accompanying activity book where the parent could pick and choose what works for their particular situation.

Thanks all! I do plan to stick around, because I'm too addicted to do otherwise!

I'll be summerschooling the younger one and then moving to afterschooling next year in literature and history, two areas where this school falls short. Actually, they might fall short in math as well, but they are at least willing to place kids appropriately in math, which is not the case with the public schools around here. So we'll see.

Once the bon-bons lose their appeal:D, I was thinking about doing some tutoring or teaching, possibly even online, and perhaps even producing some homeschooling materials myself. I've always wanted to try to make an SOTW-type curriculum for science, something with a compelling narrative piece and accompanying activity book where the parent could pick and choose what works for their particular situation.

Put down the bon-bons and get busy....we're all waiting for a good narrative science.:001_smile:

Hope the new school and the afterschooling go well; I'm glad to hear you'll still be here...

:iagree: you absolutely must stick around.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm no longer homeschooling either, as dd will be starting at a private middle school in the fall - this was a brief stint. However, it doesn't feel that way, as we are significantly ramping up our summer-schooling - the kids are not happy about doing math in the summer :lol:. Ds9 wants to know why I can't just wait until school starts to "homeschool math."

What are you talking about???

There are 7 months between now an January, and you can't just lie around the house eating bon-bons (now that you're no longer officially a "home-schooler" :D).

So mush on....and we will happily claim you as an "afterschooler" :001_smile:

Bill

:iagree::iagree:I will be an afterschooler in the fall too:D