Menu

How old were you when you got married?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When we married, I was 23 and he was 41. When we first started dating, he was exactly twice my age (I was 18 and he 36). At that time, some people thought it was pretty freaky. But the age difference gets less as we age, really (well not literally, but you kwim, right?). Now, I am 34 and he is 52, but because he has taken such good care of himself and he is aging so gracefully (he looks a good 10-15 years younger than everyone else I know his age), no one would give it a second thought seeing us together, we really look quite close in age. Grey hair and wrinkles strike early in my family, so I'm convinced that in ten years I'm going to look older than he does! :eek:

I was a little less than a month from my 23rd birthday. We just recently celebrated 11 years together although for fun we discussed how much he's been on deployment with the navy and we figured he's actually only been around about 5 of those years.

We are still very happy and very much in love.

I definitely love my life and the only thing I wish I could change is not starting to homeschool from the very beginning with my oldest, he was in PS for K and half of first.

I was 23, dh 22. We were high-school sweethearts and started dating at 15 (no, my children will not be dating ;)). Promised ourselves at 18 and got engaged on my 21st birthday.

My parents were not thrilled to say the least! :001_huh: I love going through the wedding photos. Our parents look like they are at a funeral. I give them props for not wearing black though. :lol:

Our 19th wedding anniversary is next month though, so I guess we did alright. It's been a lot of work. People make a lot of changes between 22 and 41. But it has definately been worth it. :D