Menu

Memorial Day, God Bless our Troops

Memorial Day is a day to remember the fallen, not honor our troops and veterans. I'm seeing things all over facebook today thanking our troops and veterans. While they do deserve our thanks, I wish people would understand the memorial part of Memorial Day and use today to remember those who gave their lives.

Memorial Day is a day to remember the fallen, not honor our troops and veterans. I'm seeing things all over facebook today thanking our troops and veterans. While they do deserve our thanks, I wish people would understand the memorial part of Memorial Day and use today to remember those who gave their lives.

They may have gotten it from the political commercial airing that talks about honoring veterans this holiday. ;) If those at the top don't understand, how can we expect the common people to? :D

I agree with you, though. The Fourth of July, Memorial Day, and Veterans Day seem to have morphed into one holdiay: same decorations, same message, etc.

Every day should be a day to thank those who serve and their families, so we can all do it today anyway! :D

Edited by angela in ohio

Every day should be a day to thank those who serve and their families, so we can all do it today anyway! :D

Of course we should and while this day is a special day to honor those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for this nation, it and every day is also a day to honor those brave individuals who by their service have made it plain that if called upon they too will defend our nation and pay whatever price is necessary.

God Bless our troops and may we never forget those who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.

-From the Ode of Remembrance by Binyon

Edited by pqr

I'm not dumb. I remember the fallen. I'm going to a service in a local cemetery soon. But while I remember them, I think the living heroes can never get enough honor.

I do think of our troops on these days. I can not think of many professions where people put themselves on the line everyday. Where their jobs are sometimes, kill or be killed.

Many of our service people have seen the war firsthand, seen people killed in front of them and I would expect that they know many more people who have died than the average person.

I do recognize that Memorial Day, is especially hard on these folks and will take the opportunity to say thank you for the work they do, and share in the sadness for the losses they have felt in their lives.

Of course we should and while this day is a special day to honor those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for this nation, it and every day is also a day to honor those brave individuals who by their service have made it plain that if called upon they too will defend our nation and pay whatever price is necessary.

God Bless our troops and may we never forget those who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.

-From the Ode of Remembrance by Binyon

:patriot:

I do think of our troops on these days. I can not think of many professions where people put themselves on the line everyday. Where their jobs are sometimes, kill or be killed.

Many of our service people have seen the war firsthand, seen people killed in front of them and I would expect that they know many more people who have died than the average person.

I do recognize that Memorial Day, is especially hard on these folks and will take the opportunity to say thank you for the work they do, and share in the sadness for the losses they have felt in their lives.

:iagree::patriot:

I am not particularly rah, rah, rah over these types of holidays but truthfully, I am not in for National BBQ Day either.

In remembrance of someone I did know.

Shane Childers

This is not, I agree, a "rah rah" day. It is one for reflection on the sacrifice made by some of the best our nation has bred. I am ever so proud of our military and the courage that they have shown. I am so incredibly lucky to be part of a nation that produces United States Marines, Sailors, Soldiers and Airmen.

God Bless them all and may they always find Victory and Honor.

May we, as a people, never forget what those who died have given.