Menu

I completed my 1st marathon!

I first heard about couch 2 5k right here on these boards in 2010, and completed it in fall 2010.

I don't know who was talking about it here, but I just wanted to shout out a THANK YOU to whoever it was, and also shamelessly brag that I finished my first marathon Sunday. :)

Forewarning: My blog contains some bad language and even some non-prayerful references to God (although, honestly, almost everything you think during a marathon is a prayer, even if you don't intend it as such and even if it is mixed with pg-13 language), so don't read the race report I am linking if you are offended by those things.

http://couch2marathonmom.blogspot.com/

I first heard about couch 2 5k right here on these boards in 2010, and completed it in fall 2010.

I don't know who was talking about it here, but I just wanted to shout out a THANK YOU to whoever it was, and also shamelessly brag that I finished my first marathon Sunday. :)

Forewarning: My blog contains some bad language and even some non-prayerful references to God (although, honestly, almost everything you think during a marathon is a prayer, even if you don't intend it as such and even if it is mixed with pg-13 language), so don't read the race report I am linking if you are offended by those things.

That is so awesome, congratulations it is quite an accomplishment!

Bill

Congratulations! and thanks forposting this. It was fun and encouraging to read. I love reading marathon blogs as they give me courage to keep going. After the 10K I am thinking about doing the 1/2 marathon in December. I feel at times I run to slow but I can keep a 11-11:30 pace for about 5 miles right now so there may be hope.

When I was training for my first marathon, I ran across a quote that I still hold close:

There will be days when I can not run a marathon. There will be a lifetime of knowing that I did!

Wonderful wonderful news!! Put the sticker/magnet on the car and drive around proudly!

Whoo hoo! You are an inspiration. I'm in week 4 of Couch to 5k and am amazed that I can run for five minutes at a time now. You are motivating me to keep with it.

What made you decide to keep doing more after the 5k? How do you motivate yourself?

OMG! You did it!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! That is awesome!

Your blog made me cry! I remember those feelings at mile 18 - 20 (for me!). There was this photographer who caught me at just the right time. I was SOBBING. Absolutely sobbing. I couldn't stop. I just wanted to quit.

I'm impressed that you're one day out and already thinking about another. I'm done. No more marathons for me. Good luck!!!!

Brag away!