Menu

Now that dinner is over, and the stroller lady has gone straight

Oh, goodness....give me a few minutes. Crazy is attracted to me...pushes through crowds to get to me....

I don't know about that. You're life has been almost normal lately. :lol: Ok, maybe not normal, but less bizarre than some. But hey, if you don't mind taking one for the hive, we would appreciate some crazy!

Well, if you girls are bored, I have a question and this looks like a good place to ask it...

If a person repeatedly posts outrageous things, is caught in lies, etc., why does that person not get banned? I've been following some threads lately and sometimes these people just seem so obvious. Do you keep them around for the entertainment?

(This has nothing to do with stroller lady or the dinner invite).

I think we all have a few Crazy Stories we could share. My grandma was a real character. She is long gone now. She was very childish, neurotic, and paranoid. She often thought someone was out to get her. I remember her talking about men who would come into your house and pull a sack over your head. Another time she was talking so fast she got ahead of herself and said that someone "came home dead". I laughed so hard I had to leave the room. Once when they were visiting my mom just wanted a little peace so she put some liquor (vodka I think) into what Grandma was drinking and she fell asleep in her chair.

She was convinced she was going to be "discovered" as a singer and pianist, but alas, it never happened. She played by ear, and would have an OOM-pa-pa going in the bass while the right hand attempted the melody. I remember her making us sing "On Top of Old Smoky" with her. Funny, all her songs sounded the same.

Once my brother was traveling back from a sporting event with his coach and a couple teammates, and wanted to stop and just say hello to Grandma and Grandpa, because they were practically driving past their house. Grandma came to the door in her bra and he was mortified!!!

She gave us interesting Christmas gifts. I once got a "gym suit", teal green shirt and pants, many sizes too big. She was a real bargain shopper.

The even crazier thing is that, years after Grandpa and Grandma were gone, it was discovered that a famous criminal lived VERY near their house, like within a few minutes' walk, and that he even went to their church for years and years. I know they must have known him. Gives me the shivers.

We still loved her despite the fact that she was "different". Sorry I got so long!

Well, if you girls are bored, I have a question and this looks like a good place to ask it...

If a person repeatedly posts outrageous things, is caught in lies, etc., why does that person not get banned? I've been following some threads lately and sometimes these people just seem so obvious. Do you keep them around for the entertainment?

That's a very good question! I don't know the answer....

Sweetie, the fact that you aren't in bed with the covers over your head - speaks volumes about your mental fortitude and strength in the middle of crazy. :grouphug:

Thanks. :grouphug:

I just got off the phone with the insurance company. They were going to give me the opportunity to reapply and get "new business" rates, until I asked if my son having autism would be a problem. At that point she said if we reapplied we'd be automatically turned down. I explained that he is the healthiest member of the family and rarely needs ANY medical treatment. He generally has a follow-up office visit once a year, and a prescription for anxiety that costs $10 if I just buy it without insurance, and since there's a $10 prescription co-pay they come out even on that. Occasionally I'll need to take him in for a mid-year check if his dosage needs to be adjusted because he's grown so much, but other than that he almost never even has a head cold. He's super-cautious and it would shock and astound me if he ever had a broken bone or serious injury in the course of his entire life. AND, no treatments related to his autism are even covered by the policy anyway. Doesn't matter, though, he's autistic and therefore uninsurable. If we want to have insurance with them, we need to keep the policy we already have. We'll have to check into some other insurance companies, but I suspect we'll get the same song and dance. We did the last time we went down this road. SO frustrating. Also frustrating is that we had a bill in our state legislature this last year that would have required insurance companies to cover people with autism (like in 28 other states, where it has been shown to raise premiums less than a dollar a month), but it died in committee. So not only do we have to pay out of our own pockets for autism-related treatments of any kind, we also have to pay more for insurance in general because he's autistic. How's that for crazy?

They do get banned. Quite frequently as a matter of fact.

ETA: Sometimes they don't get caught right away, but eventually their stories don't add up, and they get called on it, then banned.

ETA: Sometimes they don't get caught right away, but eventually their stories don't add up, and they get called on it, then banned.

And sometimes their threads end up becoming classics. :D

That's a very good question! I don't know the answer....

Well, the first banning is usually for a short duration, the next one longer.... so there's some grace before one is permanently banned, I think.

Also, some of those folks are really evil, and some of them just like to mock the hive. So I trust the moderators do their best to give someone the benefit of the doubt before a ban.

One current thread I am thinking you're talking about was closed this morning. If there are others, I'm sorta clueless... But that thread starter I'm talking about pops in and pokes around a couple times a year, some of us recognize her.

And as for boring.... well, now that Nance has the numbers to prove she's officially pregnant, that's the end of following the megathreads for now (for me, anyway).

I'm driving to Chicago with my 13 yo to help dehoard my dad's house which is filled with... Narcissist dad, schizophrenic aunt, nasty grandma....I will be staying with my Ex sister in law for 2 days, then my brother (who lives in an art gallery and doesn't speak to my dad)....I would like to say I have you guys covered, but really... I don't think i will be posting. I will just be crying as I try to help organize 3 layers of crazy.

Oh, and I can't say that I am staying with my ex-SIL or else my new SIL will not talk to me for 6 years.

WIll that do?

I'm driving to Chicago with my 13 yo to help dehoard my dad's house which is filled with... Narcissist dad, schizophrenic aunt, nasty grandma....I will be staying with my Ex sister in law for 2 days, then my brother (who lives in an art gallery and doesn't speak to my dad)....I would like to say I have you guys covered, but really... I don't think i will be posting. I will just be crying as I try to help organize 3 layers of crazy.

Oh, and I can't say that I am staying with my ex-SIL or else my new SIL will not talk to me for 6 years.

WIll that do?

:D Sure enough. I don't doubt there will be good fodder there unfortunately for you.

Well, the plus side is that I always bring home a carload of interesting stuff.

Last time I got the family geiger counter (from the 1950s) and new pots & pans. This time I will have my pick of 9 sewing machines. The whole basement is filled with 50 years of my grandma's quilting obsession.

And sometimes their threads end up becoming classics. :D

Well, the first banning is usually for a short duration, the next one longer.... so there's some grace before one is permanently banned, I think.

Also, some of those folks are really evil, and some of them just like to mock the hive. So I trust the moderators do their best to give someone the benefit of the doubt before a ban.

One current thread I am thinking you're talking about was closed this morning. If there are others, I'm sorta clueless... But that thread starter I'm talking about pops in and pokes around a couple times a year, some of us recognize her.

And as for boring.... well, now that Nance has the numbers to prove she's officially pregnant, that's the end of following the megathreads for now (for me, anyway).

Thanks for clarifying! And, yes, the thread I'm refering to was closed before I even read it. Then I made the mistake of reading all her other threads, and oh boy! :tongue_smilie:

Last time I got the family geiger counter (from the 1950s) and new pots & pans. This time I will have my pick of 9 sewing machines. The whole basement is filled with 50 years of my grandma's quilting obsession.

Wow, I am sorry you have to go through this. :grouphug: I have been dealing with my parents' house ever since my mom passed away four years ago. It's not a hoard like on the hoarder's shows, but it's not pretty.

I hope you will find some peace...and get some good stuff! I bring home treasure's from my dad's house, too. I even found the stub to the place they went on their first date, New Year's Eve, 1950.

Wow, I am sorry you have to go through this. :grouphug: I have been dealing with my parents' house ever since my mom passed away four years ago. It's not a hoard like on the hoarder's shows, but it's not pretty.

I hope you will find some peace...and get some good stuff! I bring home treasure's from my dad's house, too. I even found the stub to the place they went on their first date, New Year's Eve, 1950.

You two could get together and create the next mega-thread, crazy stuff I found at my parent's house.... Sometimes laughter is the only way out.