Menu

Please -- I need prayer. positive thoughts, encouragement........

our buyers' walk through is wednesday (tomorrow) at 4pm. We are probably 90% finished packing so you can imagine how the house looks....yes, like a bomb dropped on it.

I became ill Sunday night with a stomach bug and this morning, thankfully, I was able to get out of bed.....I feel as if I can function somewhat productively today.

From an emotional standpoint, I am totally wiped out, I have little or no patience, and I am totally unaccustomed to living in a house that looks like this which makes me even more short tempered.

A friend is coming this afternoon for a couple of hours to help pack -- I am thrilled for the help and adult conversation.

If you could send up some prayers, positive thoughts or offer some words of advice or encouragement, I could really use them -- I truly feel as if I am at my wit's end.

Oh, and I had a totally negative, ridiculous phone interview with a local homeschool group that all of us expected would welcome me with open arms. Guess not!:glare:

Thanks --:grouphug:

You got it Mariann! I'm sorry you were sick. Don't push yourself too hard. Do you have any kids in the neighborhood you could pay in pizza to help you with the final stuff? I know my boys would do it in a heartbeat!

What a sweet friend to come over and help pack.

If all else fails, leave a note explaining just waht you did here - you were sick and you are sorry, but you didn't get all the packing done. And, then move the boxes to a corner of each room and have your husband or kids vacuum/dust/etc.

And, now, you know we're going to need more information about that homeschooling group phone call . . . .

You got it Mariann! I'm sorry you were sick. Don't push yourself too hard. Do you have any kids in the neighborhood you could pay in pizza to help you with the final stuff? I know my boys would do it in a heartbeat!

What a sweet friend to come over and help pack.

If all else fails, leave a note explaining just waht you did here - you were sick and you are sorry, but you didn't get all the packing done. And, then move the boxes to a corner of each room and have your husband or kids vacuum/dust/etc.

And, now, you know we're going to need more information about that homeschooling group phone call . . . .

I PM-d you.

You are so nice with your kind words. I was hoping you would just send the cabana boy! Do you know that yesterday I actually BOUGHT myself a cup of tea from starbucks????? Paid for a cup of hot water with two tea bags in it????? THAT's how sick i was.:001_huh:

That's how smart you are. Only a few more days, you can do it! But there isn't much worse than a stomache bug in the middle of things. I'm so sorry. Will keep you in my prayers. I wish we could be in a homeschool group with your family. :grouphug:

That's how smart you are. Only a few more days, you can do it! But there isn't much worse than a stomache bug in the middle of things. I'm so sorry. Will keep you in my prayers. I wish we could be in a homeschool group with your family. :grouphug:

AWWWW -- THAT is such a nice thing to say! Thank you so much! (Please notice I am doing what Jennifer said and taking it easy right now).

I never get sick, so to get knocked down with this is just amazing to me.

As for THAT phone interview, honestly, I felt like a homeschooling fraud when I hung up the phone. And, yesterday, when the 'group leader' called to basiclaly cover her tush, well, suffice to say, she didn't make me feel any better. I slept for 3 hours after that phone call, then went out and bought myself a cup of tea (and picked up shirts from the cleaners).

Today I know I am feeling better, b/c I am trying not to think about it b/c it makes my blood boil.

Thank you again -- I am so terribly in need of encouragement -- cannot wait till this is over.

I PM-d you.

You are so nice with your kind words. I was hoping you would just send the cabana boy! Do you know that yesterday I actually BOUGHT myself a cup of tea from starbucks????? Paid for a cup of hot water with two tea bags in it????? THAT's how sick i was.:001_huh:

If you paid for hot tea at Starbucks, you NEEDED it. BTDT. I hope you are feeling better today. I'm sure the buyers will understand. You can always have your realtor give the other realtor a "heads up" email so they know in advance the lay of the land. You only have a few more days. You can do it! I know you can. If nothing else, let your blood boil and give you energy to pack.

If you paid for hot tea at Starbucks, you NEEDED it. BTDT. I hope you are feeling better today. I'm sure the buyers will understand. You can always have your realtor give the other realtor a "heads up" email so they know in advance the lay of the land. You only have a few more days. You can do it! I know you can. If nothing else, let your blood boil and give you energy to pack.

:grouphug:

Praying for you and a smooth closing and move. :grouphug:

Just breathe in and out and all the rest will happen. :grouphug:

Thank you all! I think that tonight I will give our realtor a heads up that I've been down for the count. Good idea!:D

I'm clearly going to display my ignorance here, but would calling the realty powers that be and saying that you've had a stomach bug and need to postpone for 24 hours (or whatever) work?

I'd want to stay away from a house until the bugs had died or been blown out through the open windows for a day.

But that's just me...and I don't know what the dependencies are.

ETA: Then again, maybe you just needed to vent (check) and then hit it (and you're working toward that one!)

Here's the encouragement you asked for: when you are done, I will personally mail you a real (not virtual) box of my chocolate espresso beans. (I have a spare box; not that there is such a thing as a spare...) And cabana boys don't eat espresso beans, so no worries; they don't like anything messing up their pearly whites.

You can do this: pshhh, look at all you have worked through in the last 3 years--this is child's play! And you are that much closer to geographical space between you and the Scissorhandses. Bwahaha! (BTW, you should mail them a loppers after you leave. Just cuz you can.)

Back to my studying for tomorrow...

Edited by Valerie(TX)

Prayers coming for you. SO sorry to hear about the bad experience with the homeschool group as well!

Prayers and what a bad experience with the homeschool group.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I'm clearly going to display my ignorance here, but would calling the realty powers that be and saying that you've had a stomach bug and need to postpone for 24 hours (or whatever) work?

I'd want to stay away from a house until the bugs had died or been blown out through the open windows for a day.

But that's just me...and I don't know what the dependencies are.

ETA: Then again, maybe you just needed to vent (check) and then hit it (and you're working toward that one!)

Here's the encouragement you asked for: when you are done, I will personally mail you a real (not virtual) box of my chocolate espresso beans. (I have a spare box; not that there is such a thing as a spare...) And cabana boys don't eat espresso beans, so no worries; they don't like anything messing up their pearly whites.

You can do this: pshhh, look at all you have worked through in the last 3 years--this is child's play! And you are that much closer to geographical space between you and the Scissorhandses. Bwahaha! (BTW, you should mail them a loppers after you leave. Just cuz you can.)

Back to my studying for tomorrow...

You are all so nice -- thank you.

Nope - it has to be tomorrow b/c their settlement is thursday. it's okay -- i can do it, and i never ventured further than the bathroom on sunday night -- and i am still not convinced it wasn't food poisoning.

I had to laugh at the Mrs. Scissorhands comment -- when I leave here on friday, I am SO out of here!:auto:

I should go to World Market -- those espresso beans are a great idea!:D

:grouphug: Praying for you, Mariann. Moving is hard and stressful enough without being sick.

I just want to know how Jennifer got that picture of my cabana boy? That's me in the background, of course. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: It must be you b/c I can guarantee that it is not me! Thx for the prayers!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: and prayers coming your way, Mariann!

Thank you -- thank you! I am going to keep going full force for about another hour and so and then call it quits for the night. Tomorrow, I will clean up the packing mess, vacuum, maybe put out nice cookies for them, and make sure the bathrooms are clean. We will take the dog and leave at about 2:30 -- I really feel like I can relax after the walk through -- I probably shouldn't feel that way, but I do.

:lol::lol::lol: It must be you b/c I can guarantee that it is not me! Thx for the prayers!

Thank you -- thank you! I am going to keep going full force for about another hour and so and then call it quits for the night. Tomorrow, I will clean up the packing mess, vacuum, maybe put out nice cookies for them, and make sure the bathrooms are clean. We will take the dog and leave at about 2:30 -- I really feel like I can relax after the walk through -- I probably shouldn't feel that way, but I do.

It is almost time! Praying hard for you!

It is almost time! Praying hard for you!

hugs, hugs, hugs, you sweet, sweet lady!

I will post pix later of the spread I put out for them on the table (fresh flowers, cookies, cupcakes, candy) --

Our agent thinks it went very well -- they had one question about some tree that they think is down in the yard near the golf course -- truthfully, I have never even gone in the backyard. I have to ask dh where we end and the golf course starts. That being said, I do not see a tree down - we have really big trees -- when they fall, we know about it. The husband seems to blow things a little out of proportion and doesn't seem to quite 'get it.' I do some some small branches and stuff that we would pick up and use for kindling -- he could not possibly think that we are going to pick that up.:lol: