Menu

Hufflepuff, here

I got Gryffindor! I can't believe it. I must be like Neville- secretly brave. :lol:

ETA: I'm PurpleWolfsbane22518 if anyone wants to add me.

I got Gryffindor also. Now I am trying to make the potions. It is a little harder than I thought it would be. :lol:

Gryffindor - and I was very surprised. I answered all the questions honestly and figured I'd land in either Ravenclaw or Slytherin. But, sorting hat knows best...lol.

To be honest, especially after reading all the info on the wands, I find looking at who has what wand much more interesting than what house they're in!

Ravenclaw

I'm AurorVine5765.

You get sorted after you go through several chapters, I think it is ch 6 or 7. They ask you several questions (like when you got your wand...I love my wand) and then you are given 2 choices and pick. I was given Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff to choose from.

Interesting... There wasn't a choice given to me. I was just flat out told Gryffindor... I wonder if you were a bit of a hatstall :D

When do you get sorted? I have a name and have clicked the link and signed in but dont't see a place to be sorted. Does that happen at some other time? Will I get an email for it? My name is: Riverstone36292.

I put in Riverstone36292 and it says it can't find you. Is your name right? I put it in two times thinking I had made a mistake the first time. :(

I'm in Slytherin and my wand is pine with phoenix feather, 14.5 inches. I like it so far. I learned the Merlin was a Slytherin. :)

You are the first Slytherin I've seen! That's cool. I wouldn't have minded Slytherin, so I could be in the same house that my beloved Snape occupied :D.

I ended up in Ravenclaw. That surprised me a bit. I thought I would have been in Hufflepuff!

Ravenclaw. Sorely wanted Slytherin. My wand is awesome though - 10 inches, Black Walnut with Phoenix Feather core- Unyielding. I am ErisedDream29834

I am stuck at potions. Seriously? Like 45 min of my life wasted trying to figure this darn thing out! Anybody have a cheat???!

Ravenclaw. Sorely wanted Slytherin. My wand is awesome though - 10 inches, Black Walnut with Phoenix Feather core- Unyielding. I am ErisedDream29834

I am stuck at potions. Seriously? Like 45 min of my life wasted trying to figure this darn thing out! Anybody have a cheat???!

No - it's a pain until you figure it out :)

So - make sure you keep the temperature right. I had a hard time finding the wand to wave. It's behind the bag of green ingredients. After the 10 seconds of heat, click the wand and it will wave over the potion.

After that, you have to wait 3 minutes, and then there are a few steps to finish. To stir, click on the spoon in the cauldron and hold it to move the spoon.... Should work :)

I got into Gryffindor. Now I'm stuck trying to open a door.

Figure it out?

I'm sure you know it's alohamora - so start with the letter "A'

Click on the first letter, then when the glowing circle gets big, click again.

A stream of "light" will flow to the next letter.

Right as it gets to the next letter, click on that letter - and then click the same letter again as soon as the glow circle gets big, etc., etc.

Figure it out?

I'm sure you know it's alohamora - so start with the letter "A'

Click on the first letter, then when the glowing circle gets big, click again.

A stream of "light" will flow to the next letter.

Right as it gets to the next letter, click on that letter - and then click the same letter again as soon as the glow circle gets big, etc., etc.

I don't think they explain how to do the spells very well on there.

I found videos on youtube, of course. :D

That said, I cannot get the hang of the forgetfulness potion. I cannot pour 2 drops of lethe into the cauldron. The bottle is shaky and I keep getting too much. It's frustrating. :(

How long did it take for you all to get your invitation to get started? I registered and got the confirmation email and followed that. Then it said I'll get an email when I can come back to get started. Minutes? Hours? Days? I registered this morning and still nothing.

Hmm.. I started yesterday and it took about 15 mins. to get the first email, and no more than a couple of hours to get the second one.

I was sorted into Gryffindor which was surprising as both dh and I had figured it would be Ravenclaw. Otherwise, cypress, unicorn, 10 3/4 in, and unyielding. :0) I find both potions and spells a bit difficult, though I suppose that requires some practice. I did find videos and tutorials online that helped quite a bit.

Hmm.. I started yesterday and it took about 15 mins. to get the first email, and no more than a couple of hours to get the second one.

I'm so sad. It's been almost 9 hours and still no email that I can enter. If it's not in by the time DD goes to bed and I can actually check it out for a while I'll be miffed! I'm anxious to get the email now, but really I couldn't get on and explore now anyway.

I'm so sad. It's been almost 9 hours and still no email that I can enter. If it's not in by the time DD goes to bed and I can actually check it out for a while I'll be miffed! I'm anxious to get the email now, but really I couldn't get on and explore now anyway.

I read a message from Rowling on her blog yesterday. It was posted around the 10th, I think, saying that their system has been so overwhelmed with requests that the emails get queued and responded to as soon as they can. Mine took about 14 hours.

I did finally get in! yay!

I'm in Ravenclaw, ChestnutStorm 23601

Wand: Hawthorn, phoenix feather, 10 3/4", hard

I'm having a hard time with potions, too. Not enough practice before it counts against house points AND you are wasting ingredients. This is one thing I think a regular mouse would be better for than a mac track pad.

Edited by CPSTAnne