Menu

Which math books are in black in white?

cagirlintexas

Life of Fred (line drawings I think in black and white...kept simple)

Maths Lessons for a Living Education (queen Homeschool) I would have to double check, but if it has pictures, again I think they would be line drawings (I have flipped through it, so not 100% certain on this)

Both of those are more into the living maths type stuff though, which if your child is easily distracted, can either be a good thing, or a bad thing. Some children with dstractable minds work better with real-life and interactive sensory curriculums, and some really just need, heres the words and fill-in-the-blank.

Miquon is one color per page - the ink on one page may be orange and the next page may be green, etc. It is very simplistic looking, no cartoons, has an almost hand-drawn look, no visual distractions. And, IMO, it is the absolute best elementary math curriculum for creating good number sense and making kids feel like they are "good at math." It is a discovery program strongly focused on conceptual learning, not rote memorization.

Math U See was the most visually calm program I could find for my son.

:iagree: And if you are wanting to avoid the worksheets and distraction RightStart also is light on worksheets all together and done orally most of the time or through games.