Menu

So, what happened to Steve on Blue Clues?!?!

Please remember I had an 7-year-gap when my boys were too old for preschool shows, and my dd wasn't here yet (or wasn't old enough).

I'm sorry, I'm just *really* curious. Joe is ok - But...I just hope Steve is doing well! (And, are they related?)

I've also always wondered how an obviously non-ethnic family came to name their boy "Caillou", and why he is bald.

Cyber-chocolates to whomever might shed some light on these things that make me go "hmmmm....."

:001_smile:

Rhonda

(Who tears up when the "old" Barney - the one with all *our* friends - comes on!)

Please remember I had an 7-year-gap when my boys were too old for preschool shows, and my dd wasn't here yet (or wasn't old enough).

I'm sorry, I'm just *really* curious. Joe is ok - But...I just hope Steve is doing well! (And, are they related?)

I've also always wondered how an obviously non-ethnic family came to name their boy "Caillou", and why he is bald.

Cyber-chocolates to whomever might shed some light on these things that make me go "hmmmm....."

:001_smile:

Rhonda

(Who tears up when the "old" Barney - the one with all *our* friends - comes on!)

Joe is Steve's "brother." Steve left for college, and Joe came in to take care of Blue and the house.

I miss Steve. Joe stinks.

Here is Steve's website.

Caillou is actually a French (Canadian? dunno) cartoon. I do not know why he is bald, and I do not know why he is allowed to be such a brat.

You know a kid is a brat when your kids comment on it (my boys have wondered why his parents let him act like that). The worst is not only is he a brat, but he's a whiny brat to boot.

Thankfully, Diego is quickly de-throning Caillou as the flavor of the month. However, it does help to envision him as a young Lex Luthor ala Smallville.

Didn't think about it being from Canada, so thanks for the heads-up on that one, ladies!

=)rhonda

Caillou is actually a French (Canadian? dunno) cartoon. I do not know why he is bald, and I do not know why he is allowed to be such a brat.

LOL about Caillou! For years he was our family's reference point for a "bad boy." When a young child in our family acted up, we frequently asked, "You don't want to be like Caillou, do you?????" Which usually resulted in either the child immediately straightening up seriously so as to avoid being ANYTHING like Caillou, or bursting into a sly grin at the realization that yes, he/she was in fact acting *precisely* the way Caillou would act.

Caillou's bratty ways were actually pretty beneficial for our family, now that I think about it. :)

Erica

Joe is Steve's "brother." Steve left for college, and Joe came in to take care of Blue and the house.

I miss Steve. Joe stinks.

Here is Steve's website.

That is just really, really weird. I'm sorry to be selfish, but people who star in kids' shows should not also have their own adult lives. It freaks me out. They should be happy and upbeat and live in a neat little house at the television studio.

LOL about Caillou! For years he was our family's reference point for a "bad boy."

Same here! I used to say "Look, Caillou, you'd better knock it off."

Or something like that.

The sound of that whiny "But Mommmmmmmeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!" is enough to make my skin crawl.

Rosie was better behaved than Caillou.

I do not know why he is bald, and I do not know why he is allowed to be such a brat.

How encouraging! I thought I was the only one who thought Caillou was not only a brat, but that his "parents" were ridiculous also.

Which reminds me of D.W. on Arthur. Wow, she's a complete brat too! I stopped allowing my dd to watch both of those shows because she started to emulate what she was seeing. When I would point out why it wasn't OK to act like that (whine, boss etc), she would actually find fault with *me* because I wasn't as lenient as Caillou's and D.W.'s parents were. So, when you can't use it as a teaching tool and your child wonders why you're so "mean" when the cartoon parents aren't (LOL), and you see your dc attempting to "dethrone" your role as the parent in record time like D.W. does, then you stop allowing it to come into your home. Therefore, ds was never introduced to it. I'll tell you, I got some looks from friends and family though when they would find out my kids weren't allowed to watch those 2 shows. After all, they're cartoons, are they not?

I am so glad others felt the same way about the characters, even if you didn't "ban" the show(s) like I did.

LOL! I liked Steve too. Back when DS was little, I really liked Little Bear, Franklin, Clifford, and the show with the brother and sister who went to dragon land. Forget what that one was called.

On a totally unrelated note, DH used to be one of those entertainers who go in large, furry costumes to kid's birthday parties, and lead them in games, while trying to avoid having their costume head pulled off. DH usually was Barney, and we in fact still have an enormous, purple dinosaur costume in our garage. DH can do a PERFECT Barney voice, which can be an entertaining way to get really little kids to whip their heads around in surprise.

Michelle T

RE: Caillou...

I remember that on the old board, someone had made up another set of lyrics sung to the tune of the Caillou theme song. It went something like this...

I'm just a boy who's four,

each day I whine some more.

I'm a little brat,

my name's CAILLOU.

And I cannot stand D.W., either.

:)

I laughed so hard out loud that my entire family came running to see if I was okay! I have yet to meet someone who hasn't responded with "What is up with that kid?" to Caillou, LOL!! We saw it in a waiting room at a doctor's office, and my oldest dd finally got up an asked if she could chnge the channel...

That is so weird.....You click on the first link and it takes you to Nick Jr.

The second link talks about his bands tour and has a link for videos.

I CANNOT believe that is Steve......:001_huh:

I watched the videos....it is so, so.....odd. The one he did titled Dead...is actually not bad?

We loved Steve.....never could stand Caillou.....I can't handle whining.....not in shape or form.

I guess we are different.....we LOVE Caillou! It's really the only kids show that my 4 year old DD watches that I can actually handle sitting and watching with her. I like that it is simply about real life. A little boy, who has friends, goes to the park, does good things, whines at times....as all children do, makes crafts, etc. My daughters behavior actually IMPROVES after watching Caillou. Caillou is a good helper and my daughter wants to help like Caillou helps his mother. She wants to play with her little sister after watching Caillou play with Rosie. And there is always a lesson learned by Caillou when he does do something he is not supposed to do....his mother/father always talks to him about it. I really like the show. Just real life, like kids live.....not some talking animal cartoon.

As for Blues Clues, we've never been into that around here.

He quit. He was quotted in an interview saying doing a children's show was not good for his image/career and he wanted better parts and so on. I saw that interview but did not follow Blue's Clues well enough to say what else may have been said or transpired.