Menu

Look what I found in an edamame pod.

March12003.jpg

:ack2:

I'm traumatized forever. This is my karmic revenge for the grub shish kabob picture I posted in the grub thread, isn't it?

We've never eaten edamame before. Is this a common occurance?

:tongue_smilie:

Here's what I'd posted a couple hours ago on G+...

How come people on diets of the "paleo" type typically eschew grubs?

March12003.jpg

:ack2:

I'm traumatized forever. This is my karmic revenge for the grub shish kabob picture I posted in the grub thread, isn't it?

We've never eaten edamame before. Is this a common occurance?

LOL! It must be karmic revenge for that! In all seriousness though, beats me, I've never eaten edamame either. I think now I won't. :P

A resounding NO! :eek: Something similar happened with a pomegranate once and haven't eaten one since. I think that was about 5 years ago. Sorry it happened to you

I found one in a pomegranate once, also. Right up on the top where the blossom is. I have never seen another since, and we eat lots of pomegranates, but I look carefully every single time now.

Never in anything else though.

Ack! I've found one of those before in edamame, an artichoke, and an ear of corn (at different times, of course.) I still have a hard time buying any of those vegetables.
They don't bother me much... there's a bit of and uck-factor, but they're slow moving and easily disposed of. I once had an earwig rush at me out of the top of a peach I was about to wash (there was a deep cleft by the stem). It looked angry, but all earwigs look angry to me. *shudder*

Ahhh yes. If you were Bear Grylls, you would have eaten it. This calls for one of his most disgusting displays of grub eating:

This is GROSS. You must watch to the end. It is a sure-fire way of not eating anything tonight. Great for a diet! :lol::lol:

Ahhh yes. If you were Bear Grylls, you would have eaten it. This calls for one of his most disgusting displays of grub eating:

This is GROSS. You must watch to the end. It is a sure-fire way of not eating anything tonight. Great for a diet! :lol::lol:

Yeah, but he makes A LOT of money to eat grubs. I speculate there are clauses in his contract that directly relate to 'ewww' or 'omg' factor and how much money those are worth per episode.

Yeah, but he makes A LOT of money to eat grubs. I speculate there are clauses in his contract that directly relate to 'ewww' or 'omg' factor and how much money those are worth per episode.

Oh, I am sure, but if you watch it, I am not sure that anything could make me eat the second one.

:ack2::ack2::ack2:

We like watching the "Bizarre Foods" guy, though he usually eats them cooked.

Yuck! Never found one in my edamame. But I have found live stuff in veggies from my own garden. The result is that I pick a stuff, then leave it lying around until it is inedible, after which I compost it. I'm not sure that's really the point of having a veggie garden...

Oh. My. God.

When he ate the first two, I thought, "That's not so bad. I could do that if I was desperate."

But that monster grub at the end that shot goo out of his mouth... *shudder*

Yup, I feel no need to eat anything right now. Or anytime in the near future.

Oh. My. God.

When he ate the first two, I thought, "That's not so bad. I could do that if I was desperate."

But that monster grub at the end that shot goo out of his mouth... *shudder*

Yup, I feel no need to eat anything right now. Or anytime in the near future.

:lol: It is just quite possibly the grosses thing I have ever seen. LOL

It's probably for the best that most people have no idea how many bugs we (in developed countries!) unknowingly eat in a lifetime.

So is there really any such thing as a vegetarian? :tongue_smilie:

This may be urban legend but:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_each_human_eat_one_pound_of_insects_a_year_without_knowing_it

Edited by darlasowders