Menu

I just shut down my facebook

I'm hurting right now in my life and I feel like I want to shut the world out so the only way to do that was to shut down my facebook. I just want to crawl in a hole and focus on my family. No one will probably notice anyway. It was just the only way to do that. I've been on WTM regulaly for the last year. I just don't always post. Maybe I'll post more often because I do need other adults to converse with. This way it's anonymous, haha.

:grouphug: I know the feeling. Often when I am hurting I just want to circle the wagons and shut everyone else out. It helps for a little while but is not a long term solution. Definitely keep posting here, and hopefully what or whomever was causing you pain will pass and you can feel better about including others around you again. If you want to talk I am just a pm away.

:grouphug: and I hear you on wanting to just crawl into a hole and concentrate on family! I've been there, many times.

But I also LOVE the anonymity of WTM...I come here alot, and while I don't post a lot (well that's kind of changing I think), I draw so much strength from the ppl here.

Do what you feel best for you and your family at this moment. I am a praying person and I will add you to my list.

~coffee~

I'm hurting right now in my life and I feel like I want to shut the world out so the only way to do that was to shut down my facebook. I just want to crawl in a hole and focus on my family. No one will probably notice anyway. It was just the only way to do that. I've been on WTM regulaly for the last year. I just don't always post. Maybe I'll post more often because I do need other adults to converse with. This way it's anonymous, haha.

I did exactly the same thing about 6 weeks ago. I don't know if anyone but my kids noticed, and quite frankly, I don't give a hoot. I am sorry you are hurting. :grouphug: I have been hurting as well lately. Hard to define why.....I think some of it is just life and reality catching up with me....some of it my walk away from the Lord and my difficultybfinding my way back......some of it is not having clear direction.:grouphug:

Feel free to pm me if you need a shoulder or a friend to listen and not judge. I am a good listener....not a good judge:D

Faithe

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I've been in your shoes...and I do not miss Facebook, at all, even now that I'm ready to to "see the world" again.

I do have a FB account, but I do not have any FB friends. I use it ONLY for "liking" companies and keeping up to date on those things that I care to.

I've been feeling like that.

I think facebook gives me more emptiness than joy.

Much rather chatting here.

:grouphug:

I've been feeling like that.

I think facebook gives me more emptiness than joy.

Much rather chatting here.

:iagree:

I deleted my account because I always felt angry or sad and not one of my FB friends was really my friend anyway. FB made me feel so lonely.

After a year away, I created a FB account again, but only to keep in contact with a friend that moved and to stay in the loop of a preschool co-op. The only time I ever log on is to RSVP or send an email to my friend - never for status updates, never to check on other people.

I do not miss FB at all.