Menu

Dear Mother

I remember crying a lot as a child. I am so sorry. I now have THREE girls who cry regularly. If school is hard. They cry. If their sister is mean. They cry. If they are angry. They cry.

Please forgive me for crying about so much. I thank you for your patience and kindness through all of those tears.

Love, Your Weeping daughter.

Dear Mother,

I was a picky eater as a child. You had endure the shame of taking your anemic child to the doctor, because I fought you at every single meal (unless it was spaghetti with plain sauce and corn.)

And now I have children who won't eat anything besides fishsticks and toast. I am sorry for all the misery and yuck-faces I put you through at dinner time.

When I called to complain about my kid's pickiness, you did your best to sound sympathetic, though I did hear you snickering before you covered the mouthpiece. Thank you for trying to be discrete in your snickering.

Love,

Your picky daughter.

I remember crying a lot as a child. I am so sorry. I now have THREE girls who cry regularly. If school is hard. They cry. If their sister is mean. They cry. If they are angry. They cry.

Please forgive me for crying about so much. I thank you for your patience and kindness through all of those tears.

Love, Your Weeping daughter.

LMHO...how old are they?

Dear Mother,

I was a picky eater as a child. You had endure the shame of taking your anemic child to the doctor, because I fought you at every single meal (unless it was spaghetti with plain sauce and corn.)

And now I have children who won't eat anything besides fishsticks and toast. I am sorry for all the misery and yuck-faces I put you through at dinner time.

When I called to complain about my kid's pickiness, you did your best to sound sympathetic, though I did hear you snickering before you covered the mouthpiece. Thank you for trying to be discrete in your snickering.

Love,

Your picky daughter.

LOVE THIS!:lol::lol::lol:

Dear Mother,

I was hard as nails and never cried and didn't hug you, either. I know I was good to you as an adult, but I'm sorry I wasn't the affectionate child I have. It must have hurt, even if I didn't tell you things straight out, but instead did things like lick your spoon in hopes you'd catch something awful and die. Now I know you must have known I despised you until I was 19 or so, when suddenly I saw how wonderful you were. I dread to think how I would have felt if you'd died before I "forgave" you.

I miss you.

--Your loving daughter

they are six, ten and fourteen. Amazingly it is my 14 yo who weeps copious buckets of tears.

Yep, I was wondering if you had teens, because that's when the waterworks really get going. Along with the whining, the feelings of injustice, and the complaining. Have fun! :lol:

Yep, I was wondering if you had teens, because that's when the waterworks really get going. Along with the whining, the feelings of injustice, and the complaining. Have fun! :lol:

I feel for OP. I have a cryer too. She has always been one. I hope you guys aren't telling me it gets worse instead of better as we head for the teens!

I wish dd will say I was patient through the tears. But I fear that has not been the case.

Oh my goodness! :lol: It's such a pain when those things come back to bite you!

Here's mine...

Dear Mother,

I'm sorry for each time I threw a hissy drama fit when dinner was not what I wanted, when I lost at a game, when homework was difficult, when a friend upset me, when my brother drove me crazy, or when I was just having a drama-full day.

I remember when you used to call "Encore Encore!" and when you talked of acting classes and Oscars.

When my oldest was 2 you remarked that she was like a little me and you smiled to yourself. Now that I have THREE little girls, I know exactly why you smiled. I will never need to go to the movies again; I can always grab some popcorn and head to my couch to watch the sister act.

I'm so sorry for my drama and I hope you now enjoy watching our show.....

Your Drama Queen and now Head Acting Coach

:tongue_smilie: I'm not sure who I feel more sorry for....my mom and what she went through with me or my hubby who still has to deal with me along with my little clones.........

Maybe I ought to write one to him too! :D

Dear Mom,

I have a 3 year old and a 4 month old. Your kids were even closer in age. I can't say I get everything you went through, but... thanks for not leaving me by the side of the road when I started my teen attitude. With all the crap(literally and figuratively :tongue_smilie:) you put up with when I was younger...I'm just so, so, so sorry. Really, truly, sorry. Oh, and I'm really sorry for quitting napping at 6 months of age.

Love,

Your tired and grateful daughter

Dear Mother,

Love,

Your picky daughter.

:lol: Yes! Mine's similar! Not picky eating but s . l . o . w eating. My DS1 showed me how infuriating I must have been! Although my mother didn't hide her snickering too well. Love you, mum!

Dear Mom,

Thank you, thank you for all the HOURS you spent in the kitchen, preparing nutritious, labor intensive food. I am sorry I was such an ingrate and turned up my nose at Pho. If I had not fought you tooth and nail about learning to cook Pho, I could have been a rich person being a personal Pho chef to all my MMA acquaintances.

kalanamak ~ oh, my. I have a prickly daughter and your note nearly made me weep. I'm glad you "forgave" your mom.

Dear Mom,

I'm sorry for all the times I rolled my eyes and mentally thought how you knew NOTHING.

And now I have a DD who, at FIVE YEARS OLD, thinks she knows everything and who insists on doing everything her own (wrong) way... and huffs and puffs when I (gently) try to guide her.

Love,

Your daughter, who wonders where they learn that huffing and puffing...

Dear Mom,

I'm sorry for all the times I rolled my eyes and mentally thought how you knew NOTHING.

And now I have a DD who, at FIVE YEARS OLD, thinks she knows everything and who insists on doing everything her own (wrong) way... and huffs and puffs when I (gently) try to guide her.

Love,

Your daughter, who wonders where they learn that huffing and puffing...

Is your name really Alison?? Just wondering because I thought for a minute that you might be my sister. Maybe we are long lost twins. I thought of writing pretty much this same thing (except I have 3 kids that are not five years old). :001_smile:

Is your name really Alison?? Just wondering because I thought for a minute that you might be my sister. Maybe we are long lost twins. I thought of writing pretty much this same thing (except I have 3 kids that are not five years old). :001_smile:

:thumbup:

I thought that the eye rolling and huffing wouldn't make an appearance until the tween years (at the earliest!) Ah...live & learn.

:thumbup:

I thought that the eye rolling and huffing wouldn't make an appearance until the tween years (at the earliest!) Ah...live & learn.

It's funny because I actually use those same words....huffing and puffing.

When I think of my eye rolls as a kid....I think of that Bill Cosby routine: "You roll your little eyes at me I'll roll your little head across the floor!"

:lol: