Menu

Please pray for my mom & Dh, urgent...that dog has my mom cornered!

She was able to call us from her cell phone...thankfully, she had it in her pocket. She walked out to the mailbox and one of the dogs that killed our chickens was out there. It won't let her move...hasn't attacked, but gets aggressive when she attempts to retreat. We are two blocks away; dh and eldest son heading down there to rescue her and hopefully dispense with the dog.

Please pray that no one gets hurt and that he gets the dog!

Faith

She was able to call us from her cell phone...thankfully, she had it in her pocket. She walked out to the mailbox and one of the dogs that killed our chickens was out there. It won't let her move...hasn't attacked, but gets aggressive when she attempts to retreat. We are two blocks away; dh and eldest son heading down there to rescue her and hopefully dispense with the dog.

Please pray that no one gets hurt and that he gets the dog!

Faith

Go get 'em, Faith's dh and eldest son!!

Update:

Dh didn't get it. The dog saw our car coming down the street and took off. Dh pulled into the driveway and got out quickly as he could, but the dog was running all out...moving target and going past the neighbor's house and it wasn't safe to shoot that direction. Had he run into my parents woods, I think he and ds would have run that way and shot hoping for luck. But, it just is not a good idea to shoot right past someone else's home.

Sigh...mom is okay though dh says her hands are shaky and she was pretty cold...it's only 7 degrees outside and winds at 19 miles per hr. Dad is on his way home from work. DD, who really desperately needs her sleep since her medic shift ran very long last night, got up and took her temp...apparently mom was outside trying to "reason" with the dog for a little bit before she called... body temp was 94.8. So dd has blankets, hot water bottle, and heating pad employed plus hot tea. She'll be okay. Feel bad for dd being woken from a dead slumber to take care of grandma, but am also grateful for the medical expertise in the family. Mom is diabetic and hasn't been feeling well. Roads are absolutely awful here so as long as she comes around just fine, we aren't likely to take her to the ER...lots of cars in the ditches...EMS very, very busy.

Now, I'm back to furiously angry with the dog and want it dead and I don't care if it's a merciful death or not! I was a lot calmer after a night's sleep, but.....

Thank you everyone for praying. I know it helped! Mom is all right. I am fairly certain dad will be out tracking again this afternoon. I don't want him to go alone though. If he shoots and grazes the animal, it will only turn on him and be even more vicious...wounded animals are the worst. So, it would be best if there was another hunter along to back each other up.

Sigh.....I'm now trying to remember all of the reasons we moved back to the country.

Faith

Faith - you need to report what happened to the police. A dog threatening a person like that is not just a animal control matter but a public safety issue. They need to know that this dog's behavior has escalated to the point where they had better do something about it NOW.

:iagree::grouphug::grouphug:

Faith - you need to report what happened to the police. A dog threatening a person like that is not just a animal control matter but a public safety issue. They need to know that this dog's behavior has escalated to the point where they had better do something about it NOW.

It has been reported. It will be a few hours until an officer comes out to take statements. Seriously our roads are atrocious right now and there are a lot of accidents. Everyone seems to have their hands full. But, at least they will have a full description of the dog and know what is going on.

Mom's warming up!

Faith

:iagree: Call the police and animal control. Now that it has threatened a human being, it could be escalating and that may prevent a tragedy. You might also try googling for a photo resembling the dog and posting it around your area so people know to be on the lookout for it and that it is dangerous.

Something like:

DANGEROUS DOG ON THE LOOSE

Photo

dog is similar to photo above (give description)

Killed chickens on 2-9-2012 , killed chickens and lamb on , threatened elderly women on 2-11-2012, keeping her out in the cold and not letting her move.

:iagree: Call the police and animal control. Now that it has threatened a human being, it could be escalating and that may prevent a tragedy. You might also try googling for a photo resembling the dog and posting it around your area so people know to be on the lookout for it and that it is dangerous.

Something like:

DANGEROUS DOG ON THE LOOSE

Photo

dog is similar to photo above (give description)

Killed chickens on 2-9-2012 , killed chickens and lamb on , threatened elderly women on 2-11-2012, keeping her out in the cold and not letting her move.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Sorry you are having to deal with such a dangerous situation. :grouphug:

Hope grandma is okay!

I am of the mindset that any family that lives in the sticks, needs to know how to shoot a gun. Girlfriend, you need to get to practicing. :D

I'd be setting a livetrap with some stinky cat food in it during the day time and waiting around nearby but unseen. That or I'd be the one checking the mail multiple times a day just to see if the dog shows up...with gun in tow of course, loaded and ready.

I hope the dog is found and is shot soon. Hopefully the owners found and severely fined.