Menu

Have you ever been in a movie?

An independently-made movie I was in about a year and a half ago is out on DVD today! Believe me when I say that most of us that worked on and in that film (Breaking Man by Not Ashamed Films) did not think it would hit nationwide distribution EVER. So this is a really cool thing!

Anyway, I know that the Hive has a wide and diversified population (mostly anonymous :D ) , so I just thought I'd ask!

Other than the one mentioned above, I've been in one other, with my husband, as an extra: Prefontaine (about a track star from the 60s or 70s.

What about YOU?

Yup. My hubby "starred" in a short movie, part of a collection done by a bunch of producers using the same script. I think they were allowed one extra scene beyond that. This was done in Auslan and won best sound track. :D

, it's very creepy. He's the one playing sillies with the shower curtain.

Rosie

Edited by Rosie_0801

No, but I was an extra in a couple of episodes of Friday Night Lights, and in the pilot for a really bad show that only lasted about 4 episodes--My Generation. I was also an extra in a series called "Meet Jane," which was eventually cancelled before it even aired. I'd have been more visible in that...so much for my new late-in-life career. :lol:

The year after I graduated high school, I was a lead in an independant movie that was a modernized version of a silent black and white movie. It was really fun and I think back on the experience often! It was called "The Agreement" and I'm not really sure what became of it except it going through a few local festivals.

I had a brief appearance in some witchy/zombie-ish flick. I walked creepily against the foggy background. I just remember the director telling us not to blink as we staggered up to the camera, but the darn fog from the fog machine was making my eyes dry and I felt like they were gonna pop out of my head.

I should look it up and see what ever became of it.

Nope, but my car was in Jumanji.

It was fun to hang around the set for a few days and see how extremely SLOW the process is. Professional actors must eventually loose their minds with all of that waiting and repeating. Gah!

My high school show choir sang in a wedding scene for a made for tv movie. We did not make the final cut. I was in the crowd scene for a football game in the same film. That was interesting, they were retreating actual football plays from the guys career!

Other than the one mentioned above, I've been in one other, with my husband, as an extra: Prefontaine (about a track star from the 60s or 70s.

I have a copy of this! I also have a copy of Without Limits, the other movie about him. Yes, I'm a running geek.

Lately there have been a ton of movies filmed around here, but I certainly haven't been in any. I know a few people who have been involved in those movies in some way though!

My oldest ds was in an in-store commercial for Nordstroms when he was 2. :) We were there for filming and clothes changes for 8 hours (on a hot day, when I was 8 1/2 months pregnant with 2nd ds), and his part of the commercial (with another little boy and 2 little girls) was about 30 or 45 seconds long! Crazy!

Me? I went and volunteered as a "blue shirt" for a local Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. We had a hot catered meal served to us by a local restaurant....at midnight! That was really cool to help with that, especially since it was a family that used to go to our church. I ended up in a couple scenes of the show. Ty Pennington also talked to me! He said, "Can you go over there when the cameras are going?" :D Someone told me to sweep in a certain place while they were taking furniture in, to keep from tracking sand/dirt in. Ty didn't want me in the shots, though, so I moved! :lol: