Menu

It's been 36 hours with no Coke!

And, except for about 1/4 t in my coffee this morning, no refined sugar.

I have a raging headache, but I'm back to vegan living (sugarless to boot), and I already feel better tonight than I did last night.

Good for you! Now, just keep sticking to the plan. Do you have some support for that? Sometimes it helps if you have a cheerleader (or a nagger ;) ) around to keep you motivated.

Good for you! If you stick to it for the long haul, eventually you will take a taste of Coke and think,"I actually used to drink this crap???"

I used to be addicted to Coke at one time as well as diet Coke at another time. Now water tastes better any day of the week. I can't stand any kind of soda actually.

Only I DID have a martini (we went out for my birthday to the hottest sushi spot in BR so it was a splurge). Still, I've eaten great, and no cokes!!

Awesome!

You have this. I kicked a Dr. Pepper habit a year ago. I loved the stuff - craved it. It actually made me feel so calm, unless I didn't have any. Now, after a year, it tastes horrible. I don't do any sodas at all. It's mainly water with some milk, coffee, and tea. I crave water now.

If you get a craving and feel weak, just go for absolutely anything else other than Coke.:grouphug:

Good for you! I gave up Dr. Pepper two years ago. I didn't drink any for over a year, but then I fell off of the wagon. :glare: Now I'm back to drinking it again and I'm going to try to go cold turkey again next week. I just love it so much. :crying: I don't drink tea or coffee, so when I give up soda, I truly have nothing to drink but water and it is so boring :001_huh:

However, I'm going to give it up again because I need to lose some weight and it is easier to diet if I don't have soda at all (even diet soda).

I've told my husband that when I'm old and my health is declining, I'm going to drink cases of Dr. Pepper everyday! :lol:

Congrats! I've been Coca Cola free for over 9 years now. I had to take Advil twice the first day, and once the 2nd day but that got me through the w/drawals. I didn't want to take anything to get past the w/d's, but I was too addicted. The symptoms were terrible w/o some help.

WTG!!!

In the last two weeks I have had less than 36 ounces of coke! I used to drink mote than 36 ounces a day!! I went one week with no soda, then I had morning sickness at work and the only think to settle my stomache was a can of coke. Then a few days later I had a glass with pizza, again to help with feeling sick. Bit I don't crave it anymore!!

If I feel Tue need for something sweet, I go for some juice. But I have done well with a little tea and as much water as I can stand.

Good luck and I hope your head is much better!

No cheats on the coke!

I have started using a little agave nectar in my coffee, just enough to take out the bite, and a little plain coconut creamer. It's doable. I'm sure as soon as it gets warm I'll just cut the coffee - it's decaf anyway so it's not like I need it.

I feel good, and I'm really fired up this time about sticking with it!

No cheats on the coke!

I have started using a little agave nectar in my coffee, just enough to take out the bite, and a little plain coconut creamer. It's doable. I'm sure as soon as it gets warm I'll just cut the coffee - it's decaf anyway so it's not like I need it.

I feel good, and I'm really fired up this time about sticking with it!

:party:I know how difficult it can be.

I am now one day without Coke Zero -- it keeps me awake and night and I swear it gives me restless leg syndrome.

In the past I have gone off classic coke (20 years ago), and I have given up Coke Zero in the past -- once for almost 6 months.

I just cannot stand the night time issues that it seems to cause.

Keep up the good work.

:grouphug: WTG!! I've been kicking around giving up coffee (heavily laced with creamer).

I just don't know if I have the will power:001_huh:. It's what gets me through my days. I'm afraid if I don't have it, I will be a zoombie and need a nap everyday just to get through. Plus, I like the buzz it gives me. OH aaaaand, I'm addicted it it. Did I mention that part:tongue_smilie:?

:grouphug: WTG!! I've been kicking around giving up coffee (heavily laced with creamer).

I just don't know if I have the will power:001_huh:. It's what gets me through my days. I'm afraid if I don't have it, I will be a zoombie and need a nap everyday just to get through. Plus, I like the buzz it gives me. OH aaaaand, I'm addicted it it. Did I mention that part:tongue_smilie:?

I would never be able to give up coffee -- I did, in the past, lace it heavily with creamer, but I have been almost two years using fat free half and half.

But, give up coffee -- I would have no motivation to put my feet on the floor in the morning.;)