Menu

s/o if your child was born in 2001 are they sensitive and anxious?

Mine was born Christmas 2001. He is very sensitive and anxious. He was premature, though, and I know that can also make a child more sensitive.

I actually felt him move for the first time the morning of 9/11. :001_huh: I had just called DH to tell him. He called me back shortly after to tell me about the attacks. My step-sister was a block away from the towers at the time, so it was a highly emotional day.

Oldest DD is indirectly a 9/11 baby. DH was in the military on 9/11 and I put on 15 lbs. in the months immediately following because of stress eating. People we knew were being deployed to Afghanistan left & right and we didn't know whether he might be next. As I discovered later, I am more fertile when I'm towards the heavier end of the healthy weight range for my height and I got pregnant unexpectedly in January '02.

Anyways, I had a rather stressful pregnancy because of all the uncertainty and oldest DD is by far the most anxious of my 3 kids. However, anxiety disorders run in my family so it could be just that she got the genes for an anxious temperament. Genes? In utero enviornment? Both? Who knows...

My ds born oin '02 is happy go lucky. I found out I was pg. with him the morning of 9/11. We live in NY and had many friends and relatives in the Wall Street Area.....seriously stressful!

My son born in '04 is extremely high strung, sensityive and anxious. I was pg. with him during my dad's terminal illness, my other kids had whooping cough and my brother was paralyzed from a spinal aneurism. My mom swore that he has his personality due to the stress I was under. I wonder how much of that is so.....:confused:

Faithe

No. Not in my case. I was pregnant at the time of 9/11 and I would not describe that child as either particularly sensitive or anxious.

Of course, that doesn't meant there might not be a general trend towards greater anxiety among children born amidst stress (personal or national). Just in our case, I don't think 9/11 impacted dd's personality.

the other thread was interesting but now I wonder....are the 2001 babies, especially those born after 9/11.....are they sensitive or anxious kids ????? I was so stressed the latter part of my pregnancy after 9/11 that I wonder if it attributes to my ds personality :glare:

We had two daughters in 2001. ;) Hannah on Valentines Day and Elizabeth two days before Christmas. We were quite anxious through the pregnancy because Hannah passed 12 days after birth due to a difficult pregnancy. Elizabeth is calm, laid back, and funny. They just are their own little selves. :)