Menu

Top 5 best toys of all time

I have found that children also love pots and pans, tupperware or other plastic dishes and plastic or wooden serving spoons. Wrapping paper and bows are also so another favorite. One year my mother filled a very large box with blown up balloons and it was a huge hit that is still talked of fondly today.

I will add sheets and tape.

I'm getting ds 12 duct tape and printing out "ductivities" from the Duck brand website. So many things to do with duck tape! :lol:

Recently ds15 and his friends tied their own wrists and ankles together (not to each other). Then each kid tried to knock the others down. That was the easy part. Watching them try to get up was the funniest thing. The video they made was hysterical!!

Edited by lisabees

I disagree with "string".

It should be replaced with DUCT TAPE!

My kids make so many things, and do so many things with DUCT TAPE. :)

Nope, string would be high on my list. I disagree that they only need short lengths though, mine like to use the whole box.

J used to make a knee height spiders web between all the furniture in the living rooms.

I completely agree with his assessment!

Yesterday, I made the mistake of sending my boys outside to play...in new clothes...with explicit instructions to NOT get dirty. Twenty minutes later, they were both covered in mud. In-the-hair-to-the-scalp-mud. In-the-ears-mud. I was so angry, but just as quickly, I had to laugh. They're little boys. What was I thinking sending them outside and telling them not to get dirty??? LOL

One year, when I was a child, my parents purchased a pile of dirt. I do not recall why they did, nor do I remember it being used for anything. I think it eventually wore away. Anyway, it was the best year ever! I played in that dirt pile for months, every day. Great fun. I had a rough childhood, and that dirt pile was certainly one of the few highlights.

I'm getting ds 12 duct tape and printing out "ductivities" from the Duck brand website. So many things to do with duck tape! :lol:

Recently ds15 and his friends tied their own wrists and ankles together (not to each other). Then each kid tried to knock the others down. That was the easy part. Watching them try to get up was the funniest thing. The video they made was hysterical!!

My dd mde her entire Halloween costume from duct tape. One year my son got a 12 pack of scotch tape and construction paper with a buck of cardboard tubes and stuff I had gathered from the year...it was his favorite ever.

The girls favorite was a box of dress up clothes I had picked up at yardsales for 10 or 20cents....prom dresses, aprons, crazy shoes, pocketbooks...the whole shebang cost maybe $5. I think I collected old junky jewelry from my mom...there was even a tiara. They went wild!

Faithe...who wants to stay on a small budget this year...just because.....I hate the materialism and how rotten my kids act around it.

Faithe.....

I completely agree with his assessment!

Yesterday, I made the mistake of sending my boys outside to play...in new clothes...with explicit instructions to NOT get dirty. Twenty minutes later, they were both covered in mud. In-the-hair-to-the-scalp-mud. In-the-ears-mud. I was so angry, but just as quickly, I had to laugh. They're little boys. What was I thinking sending them outside and telling them not to get dirty??? LOL

:confused::001_huh::001_huh::confused:

Yeah...what were you thinking??? I couldn't even follow that rule:D

My kids love duck tape and now it comes in so many colors and patterns and they can find so many crafts on the internet of things to do with it. I have one dd who spends any spare money she has one duct tape and ask for several roles as one of her b-day presents. Who knew?

All hits over here, especially the tubes. I have a bunch of them leftover from Christmas wrapping and I have threatened to throw them in the recycle if the battles didn't end! :)