Menu

why would buyers look at house on rainy, dark night

we had a woman and her 3 small children come to look at our house for sale , it was rainy, gloomy and dark (almost 5:00). I had every light in the house on (our house is wonderful on a nice, sunny day) and they stayed 5 min. I mean it was dark outside, so they could not see the yard, or the view or anything. When I go look at houses, I will only go on a nice, sunny afternoon as I want the see the house at its best, I figure if I love it , I can always deal with the gloomy days (to me all houses look fairly gloomy on dark, rainy days). I guess I can assume that today was the only time the woman could come see the house.

On another note, a realtor came yesterday to look at our house for some clients in Colorado. I guess they must have seen our house online. The realtor took tons of notes to give them.

When we're househunting, we're in town for a very small window of time, moving from somewhere else in another state. We will look at houses until relatively late (7-8pm) if the homeowners are available, and we have absolutely no control over the weather during our very limited time (we once saw 26 houses in one weekend, made an offer, went home, packed and moved).

we had a woman and her 3 small children come to look at our house for sale , it was rainy, gloomy and dark (almost 5:00). I had every light in the house on (our house is wonderful on a nice, sunny day) and they stayed 5 min. I mean it was dark outside, so they could not see the yard, or the view or anything. When I go look at houses, I will only go on a nice, sunny afternoon as I want the see the house at its best, I figure if I love it , I can always deal with the gloomy days (to me all houses look fairly gloomy on dark, rainy days). I guess I can assume that today was the only time the woman could come see the house.

On another note, a realtor came yesterday to look at our house for some clients in Colorado. I guess they must have seen our house online. The realtor took tons of notes to give them.

It probably was the only day she could see it. But, I have to say, I welcome showing clients homes on rainy days. They can see what it is like at its worst, if the roof leaks, if there is poor drainage around the house, if water comes in the basement, etc. I had one client who ended up only seeing houses on the worst of nights, purely by coincidence. We started laughing about it after a while, but it sure paid off in some houses when we were able to see leaks, etc.

It probably was the only day she could see it. But, I have to say, I welcome showing clients homes on rainy days. They can see what it is like at its worst, if the roof leaks, if there is poor drainage around the house, if water comes in the basement, etc. I had one client who ended up only seeing houses on the worst of nights, purely by coincidence. We started laughing about it after a while, but it sure paid off in some houses when we were able to see leaks, etc.

I'm sure it was just the only time they could come, but I'm also sure I wish we had inspected our current rental house when it was raining :glare: